• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1964 Sunbeam alpine for sale

F

fowfam

1964 Sunbeam alpine for sale, round corner car. Was in the process of converting to a v-6. Still has a 1592 with a non-sycro transmission, and runs. Have a ton of parts to include a 2.8 ford v-6 out of 74 mercury capri, 8 inch rear end, mustang II bell housing, clutch slave cyclinder bracket with new willwood slave cylinder. New .30 over cast pistons, new comp cams timing gears, and push rods, new mallory dual point yl distributor, 2.8 offenhauser manifold, complete engine gasket set, and a volvo fan. Also have a new windshield, headlight buckets,vdo gauges, upper and lower ball joints, springs, over $300 dollars worth of stainless steel bolts, new brakes both front and back, brake lines, nissan master cyclinder, rear brake cyclinders, springs, rebuild kit for front cailpers, spare set of cailpers, and a steering gearbox, almost complete tune up kit for the 1592, have a pair of wipac back up lights(never used, with original instructions), nos turn singnal switch( in original box), MKII headlight rings, and a bunch of other parts, I can't remember I have off hand. Plus Svens Pruetts book on modifing a for v6. Car is located in Carson City, Nevada. Price $7,000.00 ,if interested send me a email, Thanks.

F

fowfam

Forgot to mention I also have the deluxe v6Jose kit with black ceramic coated headers, Thanks, Josh.

F

fowfam

In addtion to the above parts I also forgot to mention I a have a 2.9 crankshaft, valve covers, and a oil pan from a bronco II. As well as a new clutch with throwout bearing for a Mustang II.

gordonra

Donation Time
Where are you located ? I might be interested in the windshield if it will fit a Series V.

PM me...

Rich

F

fowfam

Sorry, but I'm not parting out the parts, All or nothing. Sorry I guess I should have stated that, Thanks, Josh.

britbeam

Donation Time
Just curious

Why did you decide not to build the Alpine? It looks like you had all the necessary items to make a great V6 Alpine. Anywho hope it sells well for you.

F

fowfam

Actually I'm kinda in the transistion of wanting to sell and to keep the alpine at the same time. Reason......I guess maybe my standards are too high(wanting to do a body off resto) and not having the time, space, and money. Also being coerced by the wife doesn't help either. If I get a bite, cool I'll miss her, if I don't, I'll keep her, regardless what the wife says.:(

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Actually I'm kinda in the transistion of wanting to sell and to keep the alpine at the same time. Reason......I guess maybe my standards are too high(wanting to do a body off resto) and not having the time, space, and money. Also being coerced by the wife doesn't help either. If I get a bite, cool I'll miss her, if I don't, I'll keep her, regardless what the wife says.:(
Hi Josh,

You have run into the eternal question. Do I do it right from the beginning, which takes lots of time, or do I get it running and fix it as the money comes in. I was faced with basically the same problem, when I got my first Alpine.

I decided to get it running, enjoy it as I was able to get the money to continue to restore it, then, when the money came, I finished it to all it's glory. It was ugly for a couple of years, but I had a ball with it. The fact that it wasn't restored, (read UGLY), made it more fun, as guys who would challenge me, were surprised to see how fast that ugly car was.

It takes a bit of fortitude to have folks laugh at you and your car when it is in its ugly stage, but it is fun to get to drive it and have fun anyway. I would suggest getting it running first, then drive it and enjoy it, while you slowly restore it.

I think you should talk to a guy named Bob Sharkey, who got his running, and enjoyed it so much, that he didn't want to take it off of the road long enough to do the body work and paint. It took an accident with the Alpine, to get him to finish it. He now has one of, if not THE best V6 Alpine in the country. It is beautiful!

I vote for you to keep it.:D

Jose:)

skywords

Donation Time
That would make the third car I bought in the Reno/Carson City area. I better not. Why does'nt Nick buy it he's right there and grumbling he wants another. Go Nick!

Post some pictures hard to get the drool going otherwise.

Rick

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
That would make the third car I bought in the Reno/Carson City area. I better not. Why does'nt Nick buy it he's right there and grumbling he wants another. Go Nick!

Post some pictures hard to get the drool going otherwise.

Rick
Nick already bought one from Bill Atalla. He's going to begin to convert it as soon as we can get a kit to him.:D

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thank You. Hold the applause...

Yup I did. And Yup I need a kit...

I also sent a PM to Flofam advising him I was trying to get a group of Alpine Owners together up here in Northern Nevada. Have yet to hear back from him. Sounds like he has the beginnings of a monster.

F

fowfam

Hi Series6, as soon as I received your message via email I replied to it . Aparently it did not go through. Essentialy I stated that I would love to be a member of a club, perhaps a ride in a v-6 alpine would rekindly the fire once again. Thanks. P.S. Jose, I think I'm starting to slide to the keeper side, Thanks, Josh.;)

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Fowfam

the invitation is open. Call me at the office sometime 331-2550 ask for Nick. Would be pleased to take you for a ride. Any chance to bring another into fold of ........The Dark Side....... If you listen you can hear it.... :eek:

Fowfam....Hear me...Know the Power of The Dark Side. Build your car. Or sell Series6 all the stuff from your stash he needs.

Yup, that's the voice I heard.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
the invitation is open. Call me at the office sometime 331-2550 ask for Nick. Would be pleased to take you for a ride. Any chance to bring another into fold of ........The Dark Side....... If you listen you can hear it.... :eek:

Fowfam....Hear me...Know the Power of The Dark Side. Build your car.

Yup, that's the voice I heard.

No FowFam, come to the light! Come to the side of stock goodness! :rolleyes:

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Actually, Nietzsche really said, "That which does not fatally injure us may eventually require Bondo."

Bondo, WD-40, Pam, iron-on patches--what would we be without them?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hey Nick,

Why don't you pop over and give Josh a ride in your V6? I'm sure it would help him see what he will have when he gets it running. I think this is an emergency!:D