• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1963 alpine questions

alpine_64

Donation Time
Steve,

small correction the S3 onwards did have powers assisted brakes.

not sure what the A/C power steering cold possibly be.. does it still have an alpine engine?

seamoose

Donation Time
car

This is what she copied from the appraisal and gave to me today
I did not see a ac coil in the garage then again I didn't expect to see one , I didn't see a compressor , the radiator was out and on the side
and the head was removed along with the intake and carb distributer water pump no alternater /gen . I didn't look that closely at the dash to see stock ac but I know I didn't see a aftermarket under dash unit the dash was complete with guages and knobs on everything no holes , heater core was on a bench I didn't look to see if one was in the car . it says power locks too and I did not notice .Like I said they bought it took it home and lost the motor . He began to take it apart and passed . I still don't know the where the complete motor on the floor came from .
Also the note says 71815 miles . 2 door alpine roadster

I felt very awkward as I was the first person to open this up and uncover it
since the man passed I could see it was difficult for her . I'm working extreme hours this month but I will try to get back to look around again . This isn't a car for me I 'm hoping i can find a value for her and maybe assist her in selling it before it becomes scrap the body is in very good shape along with the interior, I have to find out what the hard top is made of . thanks

seamoose

Donation Time
now its a 65

Moving right along ! It looks like its now a 65 according to the vin . I have to say it has its surprises !!! I wish it was closer to me so I could stop by and clear up the discrepancies . I'm hoping someone pops up and says it was once their car and wants it back , would be a lot easier for me .

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Alpines were never offered with A/C and there is only one that I know of that has in dash A/C. It's setting in my garage. Calling it in dash might be considered a misnomer, there is no room in the dash for the controls and outlets. It more like "behind dash" with outlets and some controls under the dash.

The best way you can move the Alpine, at least on this site, is to post pictures. The more the better. That would clear up a lot mysteries very quickly.

Also, start another thread, probably in the Stock Alpine section. This area is understood by most as being dedicated to SAOCA business type of discussions, so a lot of guys don't know about this car.

Bill

Last edited:

seamoose

Donation Time

I'll see when she will allow me back . I 'll bring some lighting and take pics
and try to identify where all the parts are and get a vin from the spare motor
Its hard as i don't want to upset her but I told her i would help her out with it .
I was more worried about what was going through her mind as I uncovered it than what I was looking at . I'm wondering if the appraiser didn't have a clue
when he wrote it . Thank you

seamoose

Donation Time
64 alpine

I placed all the photos I took of the car and extra parts in photobucket
to see the extra engine numbers are not like the alpine numbers . there is
a white hood and matching trunk lid and a blue one in plastic along with the one that goes with the car . boxes of parts 4 bumpers two carbs two or three some pics didn't come out but I took as many of the body and interior
as possible the hardtop is made of steel the headliner on it is coming off
I took pics underneath but no time to post tonight . the only data plate on the car B 94103827 LRX . the car was freshly painted when they bought it the nameplates are not on it but she says they are in a box somewhere .
this is all the info I can get Anyone dare to put a price tag on it Please do
she would like it removed by fall . I would have to move and clean every box to find out more I'm hoping to get a value on what I have here . If someone was seriously interested in it and had to travel I could dig and get more pics of the parts . Anyone that can guess what it can be put up for please do . any help is appreciated Thanks Frank

alpine_64

Donation Time
The car is a late cross body SIV Alpine. Has the square corner doors and bonnet round trunk. It's a factory hardtop which is valuable, the car looks liek it needs a fair bit of TLC to get back on the road and judging by the fact the motor is sitting in there all ports open to the air it will also need some close examination.

The car has had some personalisation in terms of fittings/finishes.. someone would really need to go see it in person to give a proper valuation.. I would guess 5K as the maximum as it stands in a package.

seamoose

Donation Time

I Thank you for your opinion sir. The motor in it is blown ! don't know exactly what happened but it shut down on them on the x way . The husband told the wife motor was blown and started taking it apart but passed before finishing it .
The extra motor is not in the pics I have to check the camera but its a used motor and I have no history of it also have extra 4 speed trans
Anyone here on the east coast have any input .Please throw in !!