• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1961 Harrington Alpine For Sale

California_1959

Donation Time
If I owned your Amazing car..

I'd keep it till I was 105.. driving down the road all thin-armed and shaking.. checking out the girls!..( could not whistle..my lips will be all dried up at 105 )

your Interior is magnificent!..:eek:
I am attempting to learn and do my own. any chance I could see some larger photographs for reference? seams and such.

thx, Chris

atallamcs

Donation Time
Harrington Featured

My Harrington is featured in the UK Club Publication--The Alpine Horn. It was nice to get some press for the US Alpines/Tigers in their publication. I believe the editor, Glenn Brackenridge, is looking for regular content from the US to include in their Sunbeam magazine. His email is editor@sunbeamalpine.info It is a very professional publication. Thanks Glenn.
Bill Atalla

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
It only took 12 years but I guess we're finally being recognized by the UK club. I recall approaching them before we started the club and they thought we were ridiculous starting another Alpine club. The chairman at the time Deryck Johnson tried to bring the two parties together but they wouldn't talk to us feeling their club satisfied all Alpine owners globally.

No hard feelings, I just find it funny we've come full circle.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Harrington

Thank you for your inquiries regarding my Harrington. To the fellows in the UK here are the answers requested.
1. Actual mileage since restoration is 928
2. The engine dyno's at 115hp
3. The color is blue silver
4. The interior is blue Connelly leather
5. The carpets are blue Wilton Wool
6. And yes the tool kit complete with extinguisher is included along with rare brochures.
Regards,
Bill

atallamcs

Donation Time
Harrington

Heading for Ebay this week. I am thinking the buyer will most likely NOT be a Sunbeam owner at least not from the States as all my inquiries have been from the UK or down under. Wanted to keep it in the club but want an owner more for another project--yes, partly Tiger but also another marque.
Bill
atallamcs@aol.com before the ebay listing please.

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

you would have to see the car in person in order to really appreciate the quality detail that has gone into this car. bill has done many things to the car that i have not seen on other cars. it's unbelievable!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
This is truly a wonderful car, and I'm certain Bill's easily got into it what the base price is on offer, so it's a good value. However, the market in general is *very* soft for all classic cars, particularly for less popular makes like Sunbeam (with the exception of the Tiger, of course).

Recently the original Le Mans winning car (3000 RW) sold £64,960 ($104,065) and of course that was for the very rarest of the rare with a long, well documented and remarkable pedigree. I'd consider this the absolute high-water mark for any Harrington/Le Mans-styled Sunbeams cars.

Jan Iggbom recently had his recently restored example (though admittedly not to as high a standard as this one) on offer for €19,000 ($26,499), but I'm not sure if he's even sold it yet at that price.

I'd really like to see this car go in excess of $50,000 as I believe the craftsmanship is definitely in this car to warrant it, I'm just doubtful that we'll see many takers in this market at that price. (sadly)

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
Congrats Bill, hope you got what you wanted for it. Everytime I need motivation for my Alpine restoration i just look at your beautiful pictures! Truly an amazing car!!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
FANTASTIC! So glad that you found buyers who saw the real value in your car. Congratulations!