• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

66 Alpine

Now on Ebay for your viewing pleasure
  2. P

66 Alpine

This is a lovely car (If you like Yellow). The car was done in 2003/2004. Very nice interior with headrests added to original seats. Nice stereo that you can actually hear. Custom interior includes boot, Tonneau, and softtop . Very long list of work done to the car. Was sold to me with...
  3. P

1966 Series V Alpine for Sale

Now I will have to deal with a guilt trip if I don't do it. I am only 65. When the right thing to do makes itself obvious, I will probably just jump in and do it. I have been tellinig people for years how cool the 2.8 is in an Alpine.
  4. P

I have considered the idea but it took me a year and a half to do my Tiger and I'm not getting any younger. I have a tiny garage and essentially no help available. On the other hand, I have a friend who is a Capri nut and he has a supply of 2.8 engines and a bunch of Capri parts and he owes me...
  5. P

The Tiger went to a good home. Drove the Alpine to a show yesterday after many hours under the car to resolve some suspension issues and even more time scratching my head to resolve electrical issues. Needs more power. Most folks at the show liked the car and loved the interior. Still needs...
  6. P

I am looking forward to seeing it. Thus far, all I have done is spend money. I will be heading North next week to pick it up. Bruce says it looks as good up close as it does in the photos.
  7. P

I just bought this lovely car and am looking forward to getting it back to Florida. I sold my Tiger last week to the daughter of the original owner and am already in Sunbeam withdrawal. The garage just doesn't loook right with a Miata sitting in it.
  8. P

Broken Pushrods ==> failure analysis and repair options

I replaced the heads with the engine in the car many years ago and decided afterwards that it would have been easier to pull the motor. If you want to try it, here are some tips. Remove the motor mounts and let the motor drop as low as possible, Install the rear two pushrods in the heads...
  9. P

TONNEAU COVER stud location?

While you have the dash pad and windsheild off, drill straight down thru the stud holes thru the second layer of metal with a very small bit. Once the dash pad is installed, stick a stiff wire or long thin drill bit back up thru the holes and pierce the dash pad. This is your stud location.
  10. P

V6 Alpine in Florida

This car is only about 20 miles from me. I have never seen it but would be happy to go take a look if anyone is interested. I could store it for a while for the buyer but my garage space is limited and it would have to be outdoors under a cover. I am far enough away from the beach that I...
  11. P

Spray Chrome

The bikers seem to like Cosmichrome. http://www.goldtouchinc.com/cosmichrome/
  12. P

Engine backfire and Idles rough

If you had just pumped gas prior to the problem, you might just have some bad gas. Been there, done that. Easy fix but hard to get rid of the bad gas once it is out of the tank.
  13. P

can't believe it

Don't worry. Somewhere deep in the manual it says that things will stop working when you are driving thru a town where you don't know a soul, 5 minutes after the last parts store closes, 5 minutes before it starts raining, and just out of cell phone range.
  14. P

gas smell

My wife tells me I haven't done a good job unless I bleed and have leftover parts. I still have scar tissue from the last time I installed the stupid gas tanks. Maybe it is time to consider a fuel cell.
  15. P

gas smell

The spring is no problem. I use a nylon strap and just pull.
  16. P

gas smell

I put my car together 3 years ago and gave myself a big pat on the back for no fuel leaks. Monday, I filled it up. Tuesday, I noticed fuel fumes. After checking a bunch of stuff, I finally removed the trunk spring on the left side and bam, there it was. Fuel seeping out of the sending unit...
  17. P

Another fast car, and inexperienced driver

I call it young and dumb and we have all been there. Forty years ago a friend drove his Triumph Herald upside down trying to keep up with another friend's Tiger on a country road. There is no cure for young and dumb. That said, it would be a great day if our policy makers woke up to the fact...
  18. P

Take a poll

There is an old saying in the car business - "There is an ass for every seat". Think of all of the truly horrible cars out there and you will have to agree. The same is probably true for art. Somewhere, there is someone who will fall in love with a painting of a car that brings back memories.
  19. P

Brake issues

A collapsed flexible line would more likely cause that brake to not release. Sounds to me like an internal leak. I would take the master cylinder apart and take a long hard look at it. Also, I don't see how it could be rear brakes out of adjustment if there is good pedal when the brakes are...
  20. P

A Nice Looking Rod

"Too much engine". Everything is relative. I was at a car show last weekend and there was a guy there with a trike that had two 502/502 Chevy engines.