• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Take a poll

pdq67

Donation Time
There is an old saying in the car business - "There is an ass for every seat". Think of all of the truly horrible cars out there and you will have to agree. The same is probably true for art. Somewhere, there is someone who will fall in love with a painting of a car that brings back memories.

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
Was probably a nice car, from the details visible on the painting. Obviously painted by someone who likes to paint and! likes cars. Give the person some credit. - Hmm, Would be interessting to know of the story behind the car, as well as the environment visible in the background.
Let's face it, we are also spending time an money on metal sheet and grease ... not everones favour either.

64beam

Donation Time
There are some very ugly cars out there and it has been said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder (maybe a bunged up eye but still ;)). I can actually think of worse cars like the Leyland P76, but even they have a club :eek:. I bet even we are guilty of car lust with our cars at some stage.

Regards, Robin.

65beam

Donation Time
shame on you guys for saying these cars are UGLY!!!! i think they are great ! i have several photos of these cars hanging in our house .plus i have photos in the shop . but , keep in mind that i am in the middle of a restoration of another sunbeam fastback. that makes number 5 for me. i can remember the days when people looked at harringtons and asked what they were so maybe some day the fastbacks will be highly regarded also .

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
OOps Sorry

65beam. Sorry to offend.

I agree with the point that some one must think we're nuts with our Sunbeams. I'm sure there's a guy at Ertl, Maisto and bburago wondering why this nutcase in Reno/Phoenix continues to write asking for them to produce a Sunbeam 1/18 scale car. When I look at what they do produce it amazes me that they can sell enough to justify those cars.

Seriously, how many Laurel and Hardy in a Jeep models do they sell in a year? :confused: