• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1966 Series V Alpine for Sale

B

burgerking

1966 Series V Alpine for Sale.

I have a 1966 Alpine that had the body restored in 2003, a new engine (including a Weber DGV 32/36 carburetor) in 2006 and a new clutch in 2011. My both of my parents are not infirmed and I cannot keep up with everything so I'm letting the car go. Clean car with a couple of small issues. Asking $5,000

Email for more info and pictures.

Bruce

Attachments

• P1000527.jpg
    P1000527.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 171
  • P1000528.JPG
    P1000528.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 185
  • P1000525.jpg
    P1000525.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 219

pdq67

Donation Time
I just bought this lovely car and am looking forward to getting it back to Florida. I sold my Tiger last week to the daughter of the original owner and am already in Sunbeam withdrawal. The garage just doesn't loook right with a Miata sitting in it.

johnd

Donation Time
Congratulations on your purchase - looks like a very nice car (and a very good deal). I wish you many happy motoring miles!

mototron

Donation Time
That looks Like a nice Beam at an extremely great Price
It Looks just as good as the one on ebay that they want $19000
for and i bet your trunk is painted
Enjoy
Rocco

pdq67

Donation Time
I am looking forward to seeing it. Thus far, all I have done is spend money. I will be heading North next week to pick it up. Bruce says it looks as good up close as it does in the photos.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just bought this lovely car and am looking forward to getting it back to Florida. I sold my Tiger last week to the daughter of the original owner and am already in Sunbeam withdrawal. The garage just doesn't loook right with a Miata sitting in it.

Man I can't believe you sold the Tiger.

pdq67

Donation Time
The Tiger went to a good home. Drove the Alpine to a show yesterday after many hours under the car to resolve some suspension issues and even more time scratching my head to resolve electrical issues. Needs more power. Most folks at the show liked the car and loved the interior. Still needs more power. Thinking about offering it for trade for an ugly V6 or V8 Alpine. I think the world needs a proper Rat Alpine.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Why not put a strong V6 into your very nice Alpine. You would have the best of both worlds that way. It wouldn´t cost as much to build a beautiful, powerful Alpine, as trying to restore and build one.

Jose

The Tiger went to a good home. Drove the Alpine to a show yesterday after many hours under the car to resolve some suspension issues and even more time scratching my head to resolve electrical issues. Needs more power. Most folks at the show liked the car and loved the interior. Still needs more power. Thinking about offering it for trade for an ugly V6 or V8 Alpine. I think the world needs a proper Rat Alpine.

pdq67

Donation Time
I have considered the idea but it took me a year and a half to do my Tiger and I'm not getting any younger. I have a tiny garage and essentially no help available. On the other hand, I have a friend who is a Capri nut and he has a supply of 2.8 engines and a bunch of Capri parts and he owes me some favors. Time will tell.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I had a customer that was seventy five when he began his conversion and he did it almost all himself. The only thing he didn´t do, was to rebuild the transmission ans paint it.

This conversion is very simple and can be completed within twenty hours, if you know how to weld. The engine and transmission can be fit to your Alpine in that length of time, and you don´t need to worry if your welds aren´t very professional, because they will all be invisible, because they will be hidden by the motor mounts and floor carpeting. Just ask on this forum how hard it is to convert the Alpine to the little Ford 2.8 V6.

The Capri 2.8 V6 is perfect for your Alpine, because it will have all the correct parts and the only things you will need to look for, are the T5, Mutt II bellhousing, and the Ranger/Bronco II oil filter adapter. The Capris come with the rear sump pan, and all the same front parts of the Mustang II. The Capri 2.8 is probably the best engine to get for this conversion, but since they are getting rare, I don´t mention them much.

You would have a very quick and powerful Alpine in pretty short order. It will satisfy your need for speed, and will still handle like an Alpine.

Jose

I have considered the idea but it took me a year and a half to do my Tiger and I'm not getting any younger. I have a tiny garage and essentially no help available. On the other hand, I have a friend who is a Capri nut and he has a supply of 2.8 engines and a bunch of Capri parts and he owes me some favors. Time will tell.

pdq67

Donation Time
Now I will have to deal with a guilt trip if I don't do it. I am only 65. When the right thing to do makes itself obvious, I will probably just jump in and do it. I have been tellinig people for years how cool the 2.8 is in an Alpine.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have been tellinig people for years how cool the 2.8 is in an Alpine.

Just to jump in for a second, the first time I saw a 2.8 V6 in an Alpine was at Cars & Coffee Irvine, it was in Rich's (gordonra) car and it fit so well and looked so right that if I hadn't known better I could have been convinced that Alpines came from the factory with that engine in it, perfect, comfortable, honestly more so than the V8's that the factory did squeezed into that same engine compartment.