• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Thanks, I think I'll fly

I was curious about Electric Power Steering after reading these posts so I thought I would look it up. There are a lot of units out there from $500.00 on up. There was one company that specializes on vintage cars; http://www.usautoperformance.com/epas/ there is a good write up on...
  2. S

Transmission mount for an old automatic Alpine

I don’t have a picture of the original parts, but what I did was take the out side flanges from the original transmission mount from the alpine, series IV automatic, and I took the center part of the transmission mount that came with my new transmission, A4LD, and I put them together. This is...
  3. S

V6 2.8 Oil Pan Modification?

Dan, Save the transmission mount from the Mustang and the Alpine. Take the Mustang transmission mount and the Alpine transmission mount to your metal guy. Have him cut the mounting flanges from the Alpine mount, cut the flanges off the Mustang mount and weld the Alpine flanges to the...
  4. S

V6 Exhaust - uh oh

My car has a deep rumble sound. When it is parked and not running it looks “Cute†but I can tell you I got a thumbs up by a bunch of Harley guys when I started it up next to their bikes. That should give you an idea of the sound from my car. I had some brackets made up and welded to...
  5. S

V6 Exhaust - uh oh

Mike, I have Flowmasters and yes they are loud. But I have no neighbors to speak of and I like the sound. They actually are not too bad at slow speed but when cruising down the road at full speed there is not a lot of talking going on, but when driving fast the wind will also make it hard...
  6. S

V6 Air cleaners

Most filter manufactures make a drop down adapter plate for their air filters. K&N have many for different sized filters and lowering. http://www.streetsideauto.com/c/air-filters-air-cleaner-parts/air-cleaner-accessories/air-cleaner-base-plates/ Sharong
  7. S

Sears Craftsman Club Sale

I liked craftsman tools, have used them for years and still have a tool box full. But there have been some issues lately that have made me rethink what I buy and from where. I now look closely at most everything I buy, epically from Sears and this is why...
  8. S

Subeam Alpine Series 2, 1962 - $17,777 (Midland, Texas)

In Washington State if you can find a plate with tags for the year of your car you can register those plates to your car for $99 one time fee for the life of the car. You can also get historical plates from the DMV for a charge and do the one time registration. The car needs to be 25 years old...
  9. S

Classic cars for sale in Iowa

My First car was a Pinto station wagon. My second car was a Pinto runabout, the same yellow color. My third car was a Vega, drove that one across country from one ocean to the other. They all gave me a lot of training in car repair, but they got me where I need to go. The pinto is now a hot...
  10. S

65 Gt

Mike H. Just saw your post about the car. I had a guy in Sequim contact me about getting an Alpine to restore or Convert to a V6, he also lives in Sequim. He came up to see the car and loved it and said it was just what he was looking for. His name is Jim Nichols and his SAOCA handle is...
  11. S

Freshening up Bakelite

I use this stuff, have for years: http://www.collectioncar.com/detailed.php?ad=1356&category_id=5 Bought a bottle 7 years ago and I still use it as needed. It goes on somewhat dull but it buffs up very nice, you choose the amount of shine by the amount of buffing you do. Works on the...
  12. S

V6 Automatic transmission swap

I have an A4LD in my V6 alpine because I have bad knees. It runs great shifts fine and has great power and speed. If you need to go with an automatic this works great. I also had a C4 in the car to begin with. It had very good low end power, very fast off the line. At higher speeds the...
  13. S

Hardened Keys

Kelly, Got your email and sent info. Thanks so very much foru your help!! Sharong
  14. S

Hardened Keys

Thanks Rich, I sent Kelly an email and hope to hear from him soon. Thanks for your help. Sharong
  15. S

Hardened Keys

Jose, Thanks for the advice, I’m out on the Olympic Peninsula and all our “Tractor†places sell parts for big logging equipment. They have large Keys and some smaller ones, but none or the correct size. I have a couple of old ones from parts and they can’t seem to get the correct...
  16. S

Hardened Keys

Bill, I am definitely interested, still looking but I am sure I will not find them until I have bought some from someone. Usually when I put something in a “safe place†I find it right after the replacement comes in the mail. If you can find them I would be very grateful. Going to...
  17. S

Hardened Keys

So I bought a set a few years back and put them in a safe place until I needed them. Well now I need them and I can’t find that safe place. If anyone has a set they could let go of please let me know. Thanks Sharong
  18. S

Series IV to good home

The car now has a new home. Sharong
  19. S

Series IV to good home

I have a series IV, B9402538, most parts are there, needs complete restore, some rust, solid frame and looks like floors are good. No idea if engine runs, took the car in to save from scrap, not so bad that it should go to scrap. FREE to good home will not part out. 1 hour west of Seattle, WA...
  20. S

Not sure if I want to do this! "For Sale"

Andrew, I got one of these for 2 of my cars because I ran out of garage space: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-CAPSULE-INDOOR-OUTDOOR-STORAGE-UNIT-22-FT-X-7-FT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255e242c98QQitemZ160493218968QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories We get a...