• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Not sure if I want to do this! "For Sale"

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
WHAT !!! Do you another one lined up?
Tom j

Hi Tom,

I have another project but it will be a pile of work to get another Beam on the road. I have lost my storage space and things are even tighter this year. The past 4 years have been rough and it has caught up with me. I don't think I should say much as I know that many friends on this forum have also had a hard time with employment and such.

I am not too worried if I never see a sold sign on her but I would hate to see her sit out in the open covered in snow.

Thanks for the note Tom.

Regards,
Andrew

P.S. if I sell her I hope you guys don't mind if I show up at the Invasion in another car. :)

wipeout

Donation Time
Another glorious S3 gets passed around. I hope it stays in the SAOCA family. I'd love to own her, but so many of us are in the same boat. :(

Speaking of boat, would shrink wrapping (as they do with boats up north) help the car weather the storms, so to speak?

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Andrew, you might consider a lend/lease program with someone in the south or southwest -- someplace where it's too hot to drive in the summer, but just right in the winter. No storage costs for you, and have 'em fix a few things, too, pay you some rent, then take it back when your weather is good, and theirs is too hot again. I'm just sayin'... :rolleyes:

Ken

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
This just may work!

So we built a huge garage aka Alpine Storage on our future property in Wauchula, Florida just 90 miles south of Orlando. Everyone on the East Coast can hop on the Auto Train in the Fall right before it is time to store that Alpine and come on down to Disney, Orlando. We will store your car for a small fee, give you a ride to the airport or train station then next Spring you just let us know when you’re coming on down to pick up your Alpine. Now we need to agree on just how many miles I can put on you Alpine during the winter while I cruise to Sarasota and maybe the Florida Keys even.

Donna
:D

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
One thing for sure, creativity is not one of our forum down falls.
I guess I had better get a passport.:)

It looks as if I may have a bite on my Mazda 6 Sport, I hope it will take the heat off.

Andrew

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
We hope to see you next year Andrew. :)

P.S. if I sell her I hope you guys don't mind if I show up at the Invasion in another car.

sharong

Donation Time
Andrew,
I got one of these for 2 of my cars because I ran out of garage space:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-...tZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

We get a little snow here at my house, and LOTS of rain. The thing works like a charm, keeps the car protected and dry and I have no complaints about the thing. I put a soft blanket over the cars in case of power failure, happens a lot around here, but it keeps the mice out and if I need to do minor work on the car I just unzip and climb in. Mine is not a long as this one, I got the 14 foot long capsule, but there is more then enough room and I would buy another if I needed one. Have had it up for 3 winters now and they work the charm if you need to park outside.

Sharong

AlpineII

Donation Time
Andrew,
What wheels do you have on that Series 3? I have something similar on mine but am looking for a few more.