• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. beijing_ken

Trouble getting the windshield frame to sit properly

I tried to load some photos but their size was too large, so I tried zipping them - I hope that works.
  2. beijing_ken

Trouble getting the windshield frame to sit properly

Hi All, I am looking for some advice as I cannot get my windshield frame to seat properly. It sits so high I cannot get some of the nuts to start even without washers or lock washers. I have installed the adjusting nuts to help align the frame to the triangular windows on a S4. I was...
  3. beijing_ken

Windshield and triangular door window alignment.

Thank you very much and quite detailed ! Much appreciated !!
  4. beijing_ken

Thanks Dan, I have sent you a message to your personal email address.
  5. beijing_ken

Thank you for the tips !
  6. beijing_ken

Thank you, I will look into this.
  7. beijing_ken

COVID kind of killed my career in China, that and my parent's health is declining rapidly, so it seemed the right time to return home to Canada. Plus, I have to get the Sunbeam completed ! ;-p
  8. beijing_ken

Hi All, I am in the process of re-installing my windshield and the triangular side windows in the doors and hoping to get some advice/tips on setting them set up so that they align properly. I do have the two adjusting nuts for the windshield frame put I am not 100% sure how they work as the...
  9. beijing_ken

brake light switch

brake light switch
  10. beijing_ken

Mounts/brackets for the heater/vent levers on an aftermarket wooden dash

Hi All, I am wondering what people have done in terms of brackets for mounting the levers for the vent and heater on an aftermarket wooden dash. Please see the attached photos for the original dash, and the aftermarket wooden dash. In addition, thanks to Rick from Sunbeam Specialities for...
  11. beijing_ken

Spacer or no spacer when mounting Wilwood's brake and clutch master cylinders

Just an update, I have heard from another person at Victoria British who says the clutch and brake master cylinder have the same stroke length of 1 3/8". Both measurements are with 1/8' so not so dire a situation. Ken
  12. beijing_ken

A quick update if you are curious: Brake Master Cylinder Factory stroke length: 1 3/8” Wilwood(.75 bore ~ 260-1304) stroke length: 1.4” Clutch Master Cylinder Factory stroke length: 1 ½” Wilwood(.7 bore ~ 260-6579) stroke length: 1.4” Clutch Slave Factory stroke length: 1 ½” Wilwood(pull...
  13. beijing_ken

Clock in an Alpine ?

Hi All, The clock bezel came in today and I am happy with the results. The machine shop cut them out of a piece of stock aluminium; it was not cheap, but much more attractive than wrapping the gauges with black tape ! ;-p Please see the attached photos. Ken PS - slowly moving forward.
  14. beijing_ken

Clock in an Alpine ?

Hi All, To solve this issue and to keep my gauges uniform, I have decided to have a third bezel made to allow me to mount the clock. I had to have bezels made for my odometer and tachometer, as I purchased Dolphin gauges, so it isn't such an issue to have a third bezel in the dash. You can...
  15. beijing_ken

Thank you for the advice 260Alpine, In an effort to help myself, I found an original brake master cylinder and it has a stroke of 1.625 inches; is the clutch master cylinder the same as the brake master cylinder on a stock Alpine ? If so that solves one issue, but I do NOT have a slave cylinder...
  16. beijing_ken

The need or lack of need for spacers has a lot to do with how far the original equipment travels in terms of its stroke. If someone has the data please pass it on. Thanks, Ken
  17. beijing_ken

Perhaps I can clarify things. Have an aftermarket clutch master cylinder and clutch slave, both from Wilwood. The stroke on the clutch master cylinder is 1.4 inches, and on the slave it is 1.38 inches; can someone please tell me the stoke on factory clutch master cylinder and slave please ...
  18. beijing_ken

Hi All, When mounting your aftermarket Wilwood's brake and clutch master cylinders do you use the factory spacer that was in place with the original equipment ? I have seen one photo on the internet using the spacer with the Wildwood products on a Tiger. Thanks, Ken
  19. beijing_ken

Clock in an Alpine ?

Hi All, I bought some after market gauges from Dolphin and have them fairly well sorted out, but I had heard that the Sunbeam had a clock in some models ~ is that true ? Did it replace this "false gauge" ~ please see the attached photo ? I am curious if that "false gauge" can be replaced with...