• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Dissy 180 degs out of wack

Thanks - thats what I thought
  2. C

Dissy 180 degs out of wack

I am getting ready to put back my dizzy . . what is the original orientation ? ( vacuum chamber facing the rear of the engine or the front ) ?
  3. C

Crank pulley - slinger "seal"

I am rebuilding my engine and I have discovered that the rubber ring that sits inside of the timing chain cover ( slinger seal) is missing (from this forum, i realized that there should be one) Anyways, I have a box of extra parts that came with the car and I think I have found a new one still...
  4. C

Electronic ignition -

Do you have any information regarding "Advanced Distributors" so I can contact them. THanks Also - will I be able to use the "newer" style cap with my existing distributor ? ( with push on wires, insted of the old screw peircing type)
  5. C

Electronic ignition -

Are you saying that the "newer" style electonic distributor will not work ok on the alpines ? ( I am new to this topic) Thanks
  6. C

Electronic ignition -

I have a 65 alpine and I am considering changing the distributor over to electonic ignition ( buy the whole distributor ) Any thoughts ? Also - Do you know if there is a distributor cap that has "standard" push on plug wires ( as apposed to the type that you slip into the cap and then the...
  7. C

What Year Engine ?

Thanks - It looks like the engine is does not match the vin exactly - but still the same year - Thanks !
  8. C

What Year Engine ?

My Sunbeam is a '65 - not sure of the engine year Here are some numbers on the block: WMO 22672 1912K 1600 1980917 * Can anyone tell me what year this is ? * What Horse Power ?
  9. C

Series IV Transmission - popping out of 3rd gear

I have a 1965 Alpine with a 4 speed standard transmission - NOT sure if this is the original transmission. There are some numbers on the outside of the transmission housing: 1981060 2DA21055 26 8 66 QUESTION: I am assuming that the last number means that it was cast on August 26th 1966 -...
  10. C

oil leak

Rubber ring Does anyone know where I can by the "rubber ring" that fits on the back of the timing chain cover ?
  11. C

oil leak

I have one last question regarding the rubber O ring (seal) on the timing chain cover / timing pulley . . . I just looked closer at my engine , there is a stamped sheet metal ring of sorts slipped on the crank shaft over the key way. does the surface of this ring seal against the rubber O ring...
  12. C

Wheels, tires on Series V

Wire wheels I have a '65 with wire wheels / knock offs - Question: If I want to put on the newer style rims that I see in the photos ,what happens to the hubs that are on my car ? i.e is it a major job to change from center mount splined hubs to lug nut version ??
  13. C

oil leak

Crank Pulley / Seal Does the "O" ring seal attach to the crankshaft itself . . or does it attach to the back side of the sheet metal timing cover ?
  14. C

Original Engine paint

Was the aluminum head and valve cover left "aluminum" in color . . . or was it originally painted the same color as the cast engine block ?
  15. C

oil leak

Crank pulley / O ring Does the ORing fit on the acutal crank shaft OR is attached to the stamped metal timing cover itself ?