• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

Front-end noise

This noise happens whens going over bumps or pot holes anything jarring to the front end. The perfect description would be slamming your silverware drawer shut. Anyone have any ideas? I also get very violent shaking around corners in the 40-50mph range.
  2. R

Help with hot-wiring please

My tumbler is busted I can only get the car to turn over once in about every 50 tries. Could somebody please tell me how to successfully hot wire the car so I could use my headlights as well? Thank you!
  3. R

Removing & replacing distrubutor

I'll be replacing my stock distributor for the petronix flamethrower from sunbeam specialties. Does anyone have some good advice on removing the old distrib. and installing the new one?
  4. R

Smoking distributor

I think i linked up the wrong wires to the coils when i replaced the stock one with a lucas. When I put the lucas on the car it was back firing a lot so i switched it back to the stock coil. Thats where I must have mixed up the connections. The distributor starting smoking and when I pulled the...
  5. R

How do you get these axles in?

So my rear end blew out a couple weeks ago and I bought another one. My SV has knock-off's and the new rear axle had bolt-on hubs. Some of the parts and some other things were incorrect on the new rear but the dif itself is perfect. So we decided to use the old casing. We could not remove the...
  6. R

Differential blew up tonight

Atleast im 99% sure thats what happend. Iv'e been hearing a bad "clackle" from the rear end on acceleration,deceleration and coasting. Tonight on my way home from work as the light turned green the rear wheels locked up. I put it in neutral and back to first and took off fine. Then about a mile...
  7. R

Hello new guy here with a question

Well this is my first alpine and so far I absolutely love driving it. The only thing that is starting to worry me is a leak and a noise. First off the leak, when I wake up in the morning the rear drivers side wheel is sitting in a puddle of oil. The oil is most likely coming from the hub as I've...