• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Front-end noise

RustyAlpine

Donation Time
This noise happens whens going over bumps or pot holes anything jarring to the front end. The perfect description would be slamming your silverware drawer shut. Anyone have any ideas? I also get very violent shaking around corners in the 40-50mph range.

Nickodell

Donation Time
In the words of Number Five (Short Circuit): "Malfunction. Need input."

Which series Alpine? Have you checked wheel studs and nuts? How many miles since front-end check for alignment and looseness in bearings, steering joints, etc?

alpine_64

Donation Time
This noise happens whens going over bumps or pot holes anything jarring to the front end. The perfect description would be slamming your silverware drawer shut. Anyone have any ideas? I also get very violent shaking around corners in the 40-50mph range.

Is the car running wire wheels? Could be broken/loose spokes whihc would explain the noise and the wheel wobble.

You should also check bushes, kingpins if its a SI-3, balljoints.. the sounds and wheel shudder may not be related.

RustyAlpine

Donation Time
Hey sorry for the lack of information. It is a series 5. Wire wheels, Havent gotten to check anything in the front end since I bought it (Yes the one off sunset lol) The wires seem to be intact?