• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Sownman

Need soft top frame for my Alpine 260

The metal frame is rusted and unable to carry the load any longer. I think I need a series 4 or 5 to fit my Alpine 260. Any leads to an NOS or good condition used or even new manufacture replacement greatly appreciated.
  2. Sownman

Mystery solved !

I found Camoflage grey in a model/hobby shop that was a perfect match to my long buried and unused spare wheel. Bought several cans of it then when I went in to have my wheels sand blasted discoverwed a powder coat coloy that also matched perfectly. Funny in some light it look off white in...
  3. Sownman

All I Can Say IS - WHY?

Thats one big budget TV show. They had to build that ladder. WHY ?
  4. Sownman

Fabric Tops

I contacted Alpine West Midlands trying to find a top made from the original black/grey everlast material. They do make them but the material itself has changed. Everlast is not made in a pinpoint pattern any longer. Seems the closest to orig top is the Robbins but you can only get black/black...
  5. Sownman

Sunbeam... "for restoration"...

I got dibs on the gas cap and gauges.
  6. Sownman

Factory Wheels

Agreed, it really is one of a small group sold in Europe badged as Alpine 260, but it also is really a Tiger, not an Alger. PO pulled the Alpine script and replaced with Tiger. When I get around to repaint it will go back to correct configuration which was chrome side trim of a Tiger but script...
  7. Sownman

Parting out my project SV + aftermarket stuff

The windshield and chrome trim new ? Steve
  8. Sownman

Factory Wheels

Did not. Bought them from Bill A, in very good shape. Invested lots of elbow grease and polish. One trim ring had a small split that I repaired. Steve
  9. Sownman

Spray Booth?

I watch Wheeler Dealers on HD Theater pretty regularly. The tall Brit seems a pretty adept mechanic, better than I anyway. He doesn't attempt do it urself painting. This thread helps clarify why. Good luck Bill. Steve
  10. Sownman

Factory Wheels

They are the 6.00x13 BFGoodrich from Coker
  11. Sownman

Factory Wheels

Wanted to post here because I got some advice from guys here, mostly Bill A, John Boggis and puff. Put orig wheels and period correct tires on my Alpine 260. Very happy with the look. Thanks for the help. Steve
  12. Sownman

Tiger Air Cleaner needed

Thanks Kevin.
  13. Sownman

Tiger Air Cleaner needed

My real air cleaner was chromed by PO. I would like to return the bottom to hammertone. Anyone done that ? In looking at the pic of the plastic copy the hammertone seems far more complex than just paint, or is there a paint that has the mottled appearence ?
  14. Sownman

SV in Marietta GA

Having a hard time with the "restored 3 years ago" statement
  15. Sownman

all original series 5

nice work thanks
  16. Sownman

In a field in Texas

Car looks too good to be left to rust away, Anyone near this ??? http://classicmotorsports.net/ran-when-parked/239/
  17. Sownman

all original series 5

Take lots of pics of every detail you can get to. Take pics like you had to document it before you took the whole thing apart. Please Steve
  18. Sownman

13" and whitewall tires..

Well when compared to the balmorel grey car it does look grey more that tan. There appears to be a gloss to it as well, kind of medium rather than high gloss. Has anyone identified a modern spray paint that is correct for the steel wheels ? Steve
  19. Sownman

13" and whitewall tires..

I'm just ready to finish off my wheels and buy ww tires. In the thumbnail John the wheel looks more beige than grey. I thought the wheels were painted sea foam grey ? Maybe its just the picture or my monitor. How would you describe that color ? Funny thing is when I opened the box of factory...
  20. Sownman

Soft top replacement

I wrote to Alpine West Midlands and got an everlast material sample. It doesn't match my top which I thought was original, but now know it isn't. It also has an exterior texture completely different than factory original, its no longer made in the pinpoint texture so it appears I'm going with a...