• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Factory Wheels

Sownman

Donation Time
Wanted to post here because I got some advice from guys here, mostly Bill A, John Boggis and puff. Put orig wheels and period correct tires on my Alpine 260. Very happy with the look. Thanks for the help.

Steve

Attachments

• DRV%20SIDE_FRT%20QRTR_LOW.jpg
    DRV%20SIDE_FRT%20QRTR_LOW.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 81
  • FRNT%20WHEEL_WITH%20FENDER.jpg
    FRNT%20WHEEL_WITH%20FENDER.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 67
  • REAR%20WHEEL_WITH%20TIGER.jpg
    REAR%20WHEEL_WITH%20TIGER.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 65

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks superb! The whites are just the right size, and that first shot looks like a factory post card.

Did you use the Firestone bias-plys?

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think it is cool you refer to your car as an Alpine 260; because that is what it is.
Very well done by the way. Enjoy!!

Sownman

Donation Time
Agreed, it really is one of a small group sold in Europe badged as Alpine 260, but it also is really a Tiger, not an Alger. PO pulled the Alpine script and replaced with Tiger. When I get around to repaint it will go back to correct configuration which was chrome side trim of a Tiger but script Alpine. Its entertaining explaining to people its a Tiger thats not a Tiger but an Alpine but not a fake Tiger it really is a Tiger, but its not ????

http://www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/catswhiskers/CW68alpine260.htm