• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

lemans rocker cover badge

Michael, I'd be happy to take one as machined and sort out my own finish. Personally I'm not to concerned about the detail and am content that anyone can tell its not original. Regards Andy
  2. G

lemans rocker cover badge

Le Mans Rocker Cover Badge I'd take a set too ! Andy
  3. G

Prescott Hill Climb 14th/15th May 2011 - 50th?

Gents, add me as an interested party, just got an MOT so am good to go ! Andy
  4. G

1963 Harrington Lemans -time to do something

Glen B/Andrew, I am a HLM owner near Stansted airport, duty requires me to visit a mother in law in Maidenhead so perhaps a beer could be arranged. Not sure how to personal message works but if you guys are interested? I am missing rear trim as well Andy
  5. G

HLM steering wheel hub

Bern, If you're talking about the hub in the center of the wheel itself there was one being sold on e-bay a while ago, it was re-advertised a couple of times for about £30 but I haven't seen it recently. It has been quiet hasn't it !! Andy
  6. G

HLM replacement air filter

Mike, Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll go back to ITG and see what they can do for me ! I'll post the results Andy
  7. G

Thanks Beam, I've had a look at their site, thats the sort of thing I'm after but thought there might have been more alternatives ? Why the reservation at VB ?? Andy
  8. G

Gents, I use my car on a daily basis. What is the best option for replacing the stock gauze trumpets ? I have been to ITG in the UK who will make me a bespoke sandwich type case with their filter material (about £130 but cheaper with any extra orders). I could also go down the route of...
  9. G

HLM tailgate body seal + screen seal. Washer bottle

Gents, Thanks for the replies. I'm about to place and order with Martin for the door trim I spoke with him last week, he hasn't emntirley lost his accent despite the length he's been away from Blighty. All reports about him and his products are favourable. Does anyone have and image of...
  10. G

HLM tailgate body seal + screen seal. Washer bottle

Gents, Any idea where can I get the correct rear screen seal(s) (tailgate to body and screen seal) for my HLM. Secondly what type of washer bottle and holder should I have and where should it be mounted ? My holder is square and on the bulkhead just above the exhaust manifold. Have just...
  11. G

Random Pictures

Michael, I saw the metalic green Alpine you refer to at the STOC National meeting at Silverstone some years back. I though it was a stunning car and similar to an Aston Martin from some aspects. Nicely executed as well. Not sure who owns it but could find out easily. Andy
  12. G

back to black

Looks good ! I look forward to seeing her (if she is a her?) in her final coat ! Andy
  13. G

S2 Anti rattle springs + squeal shims

Guys, Having trouble locating these baby's. Can anyone help? Andy
  14. G

Harrington LM roof

Gents, The fact that its ogiginal is good news for me. I thought I'd bought a bodged repair. By the sounds of it there is no structural element to it and can fill it with a modern filler (Isopon P38 or similar). Jan, You're right the crack is along the line of the side trim. It must...
  15. G

Harrington LM roof

Gents, I appreciate that the roof of the Harrington is glassfibre bonded to the metal structure of an alpine but just how is it bonded? I imagined that there was a downwards overlap of glassfibre onto the metal lower rear wing but in trying to repair some damage to the rear wing of my car it...
  16. G

Suspension puzzle

The answer...... Gents, The rattle is the result of missing anti rattle springs on both calipers. I'm told the Girling parts number for theses is SP2749 and that they were also used on Daimler Darts and Mk3 Ford Zodiacs. The UK suppliers don't hold them any longer, any suggestion where these...
  17. G

Brake switch - LM Harrington

Thanks Jan ! I'll try tapping it before replacement !!
  18. G

Brake switch - LM Harrington

Guys, Anyone have the Lucas part number for the brake switch, mines failed again. I looked for a number in previous threads but can't find it. If you don't have it anyone know the thread type/size ? Thanks in advance G.boat
  19. G

Suspension puzzle

Gents, Thanks for your replies. I'll try to answer your suggestions. My cars a late Harrington Le Mans; so I assume a Series 2 ? I have replaced the role bar bushes and they are tight and the bar straight (they were a slack a torn welly). The wheel bearings have been changed as they growled...
  20. G

Suspension puzzle

I have a rattle on the front suspension when I go over pot holes. It sounds like a heavy metal object (as opposed to sheet metal) and dissapears under braking. I'm sure the answers easy but I can't think what it is. I have pulled pushed and struck with a copper hammer all over the suspension...