• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

5 Speed Transmission

I have an Alpine with a 2.8L Cologne engine with 4 speed. Is there a specific 5 speed Ford tranny that I have to use? Or will all Ford 5-speeds fit with no issues? Thanks in advance Posi
  2. P

Instrument Woes

So went for a drive, when I put my flashers on, the gas gauge and water temp gauge both went to zero. After this, flashers did not work, nor gauges. Was told it probably was the instrument voltage stabilizer, bought a new one, installed it, ran a fresh wire to a new fuse box for the stabilizer...
  3. P

Seat Foam

Alpine Series IV - Does anyone have instructions or detailed pictures of how the foam in the lower seat is supposed to be installed. I have a new bottom seat foam cushion but I took out a lot more foam(was done bush league) than is here now. Is there supposed to be an insert foam in the middle...
  4. P

Radiator

Does anyone know what American auto radiator could be used in a Sunbeam Alpine Series IV? Thanks in advance
  5. P

Flashers - Gauges

OK so a new issue. Flashers stopped working, both directions. When I put the right flasher on, it doesn't work but the temperature gauge and fuel gauge both go t0 zero. If I shut down and restart, the gauges work, try the right flasher (still doesn't work) and the gauges go to zero again...
  6. P

Shift Linkage Woes

I have a 2.8l V6 with a 4-speed. Last week the shift stick broke about an inch or so above the fork. Had to take shift linkages off to remove the shifter, and had it repaired. But now after reassembling, for some reason, the shifting is very hard, only drove it a few hundred yards. (FYI - I did...
  7. P

Sunbeam Locks

Anyone having issues with their Sunbeam locks, whether they be door, trunk or ignition should contact: Jake Voelckers Email: britishauto@gmail.com Jake was super helpful in getting my trunk lock to function: from making me new keys(without having an original), to walking me through when the...
  8. P

Modified Alpine Rear Shock

I am new to the club, just purchased a 1964 Series IV Alpine with a 2.8L engine with a narrowed Ford rear end. So I looked through a lot of the threads talking about the rear shock absorbers and how they will not raise the ride height. The rear of mine sits that my hand is really tight sliding...