• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 99ZoomR

Series 2 hardtop attachment

Hi folks. I've been unable to find any pics or info on how the hardtop attaches just behind the doors on my 1962 Alpine. If anyone has a pic or info on what type of latch or hold down bolt was used it would be greatly appreciated. My hardtop has the triangular pieces that go on top of the...
  2. 99ZoomR

Zenith 36wip throttle linkage

Does anyone have the adjustable nylon ball socket throttle linkage for connecting the throttle shaft for the Zenith 36 carbs to the accelerator linkage? Thanks...Len
  3. 99ZoomR

Cold blooded overdrive...

Hi folks. I have a Series 2 with overdrive. Ever since I've had the car, if the temperatures are below around 50 or 60 degrees the overdrive will many times not engage until after about 15 or 20 minutes of driving. After it's warmed up, it will go into overdrive just fine. When I first got...
  4. 99ZoomR

Sunbeam Alpine Series 2 shift knob

Hi folks. My Series 2 has a really nice aftermarket walnut shift knob, but I'd like to have the stock black plastic knob also. On the Series 2, reverse is to the left and down. I've been searching ebay without any luck. Thanks in advance for your help... Len
  5. 99ZoomR

67 near Milwaukee

Just browsing CL and saw this listed... http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4762103240.html My garage is full, but thought if someone was looking, this might be a good deal...
  6. 99ZoomR

1592 crankshaft grind specs...

Hi folks. Last Spring I became the proud owner of a Series 2 Alpine, and am having a good mechanic friend rebuild the engine for me due to worn bearings and low oil pressure issues. However, the machinist doing the crankshaft resurfacing is unable to find the crankshaft "grinding specs" for...
  7. 99ZoomR

1966 Alpine on CL

This seems like a good "project" at a reasonable starting price if anyone is interested... http://lasalle.craigslist.org/cto/4511488547.html
  8. 99ZoomR

Series 2 valve cover and storage console

Hi folks. I've got a '62 Alpine and I'm looking for the correct valve cover and center storage console. So far my research indicates that my series 2 would have had the valve cover with the "SUNBEAM" script on the front of the cover. Mine has a blank where the script would have been and...
  9. 99ZoomR

Hello all!

Hi folks! My name is Leonard and I live in Central Illinois... I thought it was about time I introduced myself after spending months lurking on the site and becoming the proud owner of a Series 2 Alpine a few weeks ago (B91193670DLXR). It's wedgwood blue with a white hardtop and OD. The...