• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 1962 Series 2

1962 Series 2

I just acquired this Alpine a few weeks ago. Mechanically is well sorted, so spending my time taking care of some of the "little bits an pieces"...
  2. 99ZoomR

Zenith carb O-ring

Hi David. Cold and rainy here so went out and took a look at my spares. It looks like 7/16ths....
  3. 99ZoomR

Ammeter for Series 3 - options?

Here's what is in my Series 2...
  4. 99ZoomR

Strangest eBay ad ever!

Yep. A couple of those Alpines looks strangely familiar...:rolleyes:
  5. 99ZoomR

Oil gauge removal

Hi Mike. I think the oil pressure gauge is held in by a bracket that holds it against the dash. There are two thumbscrews that have to be removed to loosen the bracket. If you have the tach or speedometer removed you may have an easier time getting to the thumbscrews. The oil line is...
  6. 99ZoomR

Rear glass for early hardtop

Hi Mark. I received and installed the rear windshield on my hardtop in late 2015. I wrote about it and attached a pic earlier on this thread. (I think it's post #33.). The folks at Aircraft Windshield were very accommodating and the rear window went in much better and easier than I thought it...
  7. 99ZoomR

Carb rebuild doc

Thanks Andrew! This document was invaluable when I was working on my carbs last year. I was able to clean and replace the gaskets on a used set I bought and installed in my Series II, and also refurbished the set that was originally on my car so now I have spares...;). They aren't perfect...
  8. 99ZoomR

Thank You / 63 Alpine GT Coming Back to Life

Very nice!!!
  9. 99ZoomR

Thank You / 63 Alpine GT Coming Back to Life

Welcome! I agree this is a great forum. If it wasn't for some of the generous and helpful folks here, I'd probably have swapped out my Zenith carbs a long time ago. Finally got them sorted and synched last summer. Keep us posted on your progress... Len
  10. 99ZoomR

SII side mirror sources?

Neither one. Mine are attached to the top edge of the door and are held on by two set screws from underneath. Basically they are clamped on. There are rubber pads that are placed between the mirror base and the door surface to keep from damaging the paint.
  11. 99ZoomR

SII side mirror sources?

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. They attach to the door edge with two small Allen screws.
  12. 99ZoomR

SII side mirror sources?

I used mirrors I bought from an O'Reilly's auto parts store. Not very sporty but no need to drill holes and have a period look...
  13. 99ZoomR

Series 2 hardtop attachment

Thank Michael. I may try helicoils and see how that works. It's worth a try...
  14. 99ZoomR

There don't appear to be any threads left in the B-post caps on my car. I'm guessing they were stripped out a long time ago. I actually did find the specialty bolts I had ordered way back when I got the headliner and other parts from SS. I'd carefully stored them away so of course I forgot I...
  15. 99ZoomR

Thanks guys!! Len
  16. 99ZoomR

Hi folks. I've been unable to find any pics or info on how the hardtop attaches just behind the doors on my 1962 Alpine. If anyone has a pic or info on what type of latch or hold down bolt was used it would be greatly appreciated. My hardtop has the triangular pieces that go on top of the...
  17. 99ZoomR

White hard tops

My hardtop came with the car painted an eggshell white color. I think it looks good with the Wedgwood blue...
  18. 99ZoomR

Zenith 36wip throttle linkage

Does anyone have the adjustable nylon ball socket throttle linkage for connecting the throttle shaft for the Zenith 36 carbs to the accelerator linkage? Thanks...Len
  19. 99ZoomR

62 Hardtop Headliner

I got the black headliner from Sunbeam Specialties. I had a local upholstery shop install it for me and it looks great. My interior is black so I wanted the headliner to match...
  20. 99ZoomR

Rear glass for early hardtop

I agree Michael. I decided I'd rather figure out a way to attach it over the repro rubber than leave the stainless pieces on the shelf. It's not as nice as the original, and I had to grit my teeth while I drilled the corner holes, but I still like it better than the plain black rubber look...