• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil gauge removal

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
I have removed all the gauges from the dash of my S II but my 80-year-old body would not pretzel up enough to see how the oil gauge is mounted to the dash. All the other gauges have a U-shaped armature that secures it to the dash. I could not see or feel such an armature for the oil gauge. Also, I am assuming that the gauge has an oil line attached to activate the gauge. Do any of you fellows have suggestions regarding removal of this gauge. I will be going after it again tomorrow so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

99ZoomR

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Mike. I think the oil pressure gauge is held in by a bracket that holds it against the dash. There are two thumbscrews that have to be removed to loosen the bracket. If you have the tach or speedometer removed you may have an easier time getting to the thumbscrews. The oil line is connected to the gauge by a compression nut. I found a few examples by searching old eBay listings. I've never had to remove the oil pressure gauge on my Alpine, but it seems to be connected just like the one on my Midget. Also, I believe my Series II has a Series III dash, and the fan switch is located in the far left side, so you may be able to hook up a new fan switch in this location as was suggested in your other post.

Hope this helps! Len

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: