• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by sunalp60

1. sunalp60

Sound Dampening

I used "Noico Black 80 mil" material purchased thru Amazon. 10 sq feet for $21.
  2. sunalp60

bonnet catch colours

I think I remember that the ring signifies UNF thread pitch?
  3. sunalp60

bonnet catch colours

My S1 has plain slotted screws with washers and a thicker than normal black gasket.
  4. sunalp60

S1 Soft Top Cover

This is the design that I settled on. A little fancier, but I liked it. I'll replace the rivets with chrome "finish washers".
  5. sunalp60

S1 Soft Top Cover

Thanks junkman. You saved me a search. Thanks everybody!
  6. sunalp60

S1 Soft Top Cover

I think I can match that up with something. Thank you all for your help. Thanks for the pic Bernd_st. Cup washers?
  7. sunalp60

S1 Soft Top Cover

If the original was leather, I might be able to match it up with something. I found a lot of leather straps used for restoring old trunks on line. like this maybe?
  8. sunalp60

S1 Soft Top Cover

Does anyone have a picture of what the original center soft top handle looks like for the Series 1 Alpine? Thanks.
  9. sunalp60

1963 Quartz Blue Sunbeam Alpine Restoration

Beautiful car Solomon, Love that color. You did a wonderful job bringing it back.
  10. sunalp60

Under bonnet lamp

Thanks Eric. I picked up a bonnet lamp at Fall Hershey meet last year. The seller thought that it came from a Sunbeam or MG. It has a mercury switch but has a silver cup around the bulb. Might still use it.
  11. sunalp60

Under bonnet lamp

Does anyone have a picture of the Sunbeam under bonnet lamp kit #5220127 that was an accessory for Series II and above?
  12. sunalp60

Minx Engine?

I have a S1 Alpine VIN B9009694 LRX but with an engine numbered A1987886 H LSX. Could this engine be from a 58 or 59 Hillman Minx?