• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Spoo 2

1. S

Series 2 Weather stripping / Hardtop to body

Great article. Thanks
  2. S

I agree and have already started gathering the pieces for that exact application. Something that won’t damage the body I would be grateful if you did turn up any pics and info on these Astro or Parish tops. As I’ve never heard or scene a Sunbeam with these particulars Thank you. It’s starting...
  3. S

With more information coming in,it seems like I have a different top than the series two came with. I don’t have a trim piece for this hardtop nor do I think it came with one. I’m interested in how the series 2 assembles with The trim . Do you have any other better detail pictures of the trim...
  4. S

I’m pretty sure it’s fibreglass. It’s very light and flexible. Can you give me more info on “ Astro or Parish top “ as I’ve never heard of these. I could dive into that and see if I could turn up something. Thanks. Geoff
  5. S

Here’s a example of the weatherstripping I need. The white weather stripping is the one I need. Very difficult to find. I enclosed a picture of the hard top as well. Does any one know any thing about this hardtop? I have not seen any of these types with the side windows. Perhaps a latter series...
  6. S

Hi. Does any one know where I could get the hardtop to body weatherstripping for my 62’ alpine. Almost finished restoring. Just need this last piece. No one can match that I’ve asked. I can send a picture of the old WStripping if needed. Thanks Appreciate the help
  7. S

Need Offenhauser manifold and Holly 390 cfm carb

Can any one point me in a direction to buy : Offenhauser 4 barrel manifold & Holly 390 cfm carburetor It's going on a 2.8 V6 from a '74 mustang which is going into my series 2 Thanks everyone
  8. S

62 Alpine V6 conversion - Bellhousing & Flywheel

Hey Dan Can you give me your email as I cant find it on the link you sent me Thanks Geoff
  9. S

62 Alpine V6 conversion - Bellhousing & Flywheel

I'm looking to put a V6 in my series 2. My mechanic says I need a 74-78 Mustang II V6 2.8L bellhousing (casting # D4ZA-6394-CC) and possibly a flywheelwould be nice. Any one ? Bellhousing and fly wheel ? Without, I'm dead at the start line for this project Thanks everyone
  10. S

Need Zenith Carb kit Sunbeam Alpine series 2

I have one Royze ZE-5K carb kit , but as you know, I need two and my supplier is out. Does any one know where i could get my hands on one. THANKS
  11. S

15 inch wheels / 1962 sunbeam

Thanks for reply. Still not clear if I can buy 15 inch knock off wheels ( Mag style ) for my series 2. I run with 13 inch tires now andI just want bigger wheels in the original knock off style for my series 2. If I have to modify the wheel wells or change to lug nut then I will stick with my 13...
  12. S

15 inch wheels / 1962 sunbeam

Does any one know if 15 inch wheels would fit my 1962 series 2 alpine ? I have 13 X6.5 on now but would like to go bigger. Plus what width of tire is allowed ? I'm also getting conflicting answers if I can buy new 15 inch centre mount knock off wheels or not. Where to buy in Canada ? Thanks Geoff
  13. S

What is tube from Intake Manifold for ?

Series 2 alpine - There's a 6 inch copper tube that sticks out of the bottom of my intake manifold . Does any one know it's purpose?It looks like a breather or overflow tube. It is spraying gas out of it . I'm waiting to get my Carborater needles and floats looked at but until I do It's a bit of...
  14. S

Gas shoots out of Carburetor !

Thanks rick I think your right about the float/needle and will get this looked at. geoff
  15. S

Gas shoots out of Carburetor !

Gas shoots out of Carb Right, sorry. Its a 1962 series 2. Twin Zenith carburettors, I believe. Gas comes shooting strait out of where the "strangler" (choke ) sits over. Like a fountain. Thanks for your help