• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by plaske

1. P

1965 Alpine Series V for Sale

Good info to know. I'll try to get more pics and answers to some of the questions soon. The car does not run. We started a restoration so the radiator is out and got cleaned out. The gas tanks are out and got cleaned out. I'm a little busy with other stuff right now but I do need to make...
  2. P

I sense that there isn't a lot of interest among the owner's club. This makes sense in that you guys already have your cars or your projects. I was hoping to get some opinions as to what people think this car is worth - just a range. In your experience, what have you seen similar cars sell...
  3. P

It's hard to get a good pic of the motor serial # but I hope you can see this one. The serial #'s do match. Motor serial # by plaske posted Aug 14, 2018 at 7:03 PM
  4. Motor serial #

Motor serial #

A close up of the serial number of the motor.
  5. P

What makes you say that? Do you think it's a 1592? But it has the dual carbs. I'm pretty sure that it's original. Do you know where I'd find the engine serial number? Does that make the car worth more or less?
  6. P

I've had a 1965 Series V Alpine for almost 20 years and I have never restored it. I started a restoration through a restoration company a couple of years ago, but I decided it was going to be too expensive to continue. The car is pretty solid and original. I have a number of new OEM parts...
  7. P

Alpine/Tiger steering wheel repair source.

Yep, I do have an SV - very early '65 version. I did get one PM from Mark - volvoguys, who says he might have one. Patrick
  8. P

Alpine/Tiger steering wheel repair source.

Steering Column Covers Hi Jarrid, Thanks for the information. I bought my car without an original steering wheel but I was able to pick up an original a while back. The problem is that I can't find an original steering column cover. You wouldn't have a lead on those, would you? Cheers...
  9. P

Newbie Needs Advice

Thanks, Tony. I will give that method of freeing the clutch a try! Patrick
  10. P

Newbie Needs Advice

Hello all! I'm new, or more accurately, re-new to this site. I have a '65 Series V that has sat in my garage for about 10 years now. The car is actually pretty decent except that it does not run. It probably is pretty easy to get the engine running, as it has started about a dozen times in...