• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by ladybeamer

1. L

Series 1, with OD, and hard top

come on, someone must want Abby. She's a great little car. springs almost here.
  2. L

Series 1, with OD, and hard top

Due to personal and financial reasons I have to part with Abby. She's a series 1 with a series 2 engine. Engine completely rebuilt, crank shaft built up and turned. All work profesionally done. New everything mechanically. Has the much desired 4 speed with OD!. New brake booster, new motor...
  3. L

Caroline's Project-series 1

Well, KIP motor guy was incorrect. They do not have new pumps. They will rebuild them but you have to send them one.
  4. L

Thank you, I'll be ordering a new oil pump first thing in the morning.
  5. L

I found an oil pump at Kip Motors. Has anyone dealt with them?
  6. L

S II oil pump

That is ok, to have one will be well worth the money! I've looked high and low here and have feelers out as well. It will be one of those things that if found will be worth it.
  7. L

I don't like to sound like a dumb girl but to be honest, the engine was rebuilt before my life fell apart and I think I've blocked a good part of the last year out. We were in the middle of moving and I had to keep moving and I've really not done much unpacking while avoiding life. I just did...
  8. L

oil issues I've not put 200 miles on the new engine so I don't think the oil should have degraded yet. can the bearings be replaced? As of yet I've had no luck finding a replacement oil pump.
  9. L

S II oil pump

Yes, please!
  10. L

oil pressure issues Abby the Alpine is good therapy, as my daughter expected. I do enjoy working on her and keeping my mind busy. Question- could an oil pump be bad if I get 50+ pounds of pressure at 2000 RPM but only 5-8 at idle? Does anyone have an oil pump they'd like to sell? I found a...
  11. L

S II oil pump

looking for a series 2 oil pump
  12. L

Thank you for the kind words, it's nice to be doing something again. She's running, JB welded the radiator cap until I get one-thank you for the advice on where to find one and what to ask for. I put new tires on her but not sure if they are the correct ones. It had 185/14's- I think but...
  13. L

life goes on Well, it's been a long time. Almost a year. Much has happened in my life. I've lost my best friend and crawled into a hole for most of the year. I stayed away from working on the car because it was a bone of contention between us and I couldn't face enjoying something he disliked...
  14. L

I have bits and pieces for free to those in need

Sorry all for the llloooonnnnnnngggggggggg delay. Between holidays, work and life time has flown by. My major project at work is done tomorrow. My life is coming back together and I'll be able to slowly start sending stuff out. If any of you live in the Atlanta area that wanted something I'll be...
  15. L

I have bits and pieces for free to those in need

I'm compiling and preping to send. Sorry it's taking so long. I didn't expect such a response. Does anyone have any idea the best way to wrap and ship large parts like dash and bumbers?