• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S II oil pump

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Rotsa ruck with that!

Sometimes a rebuild kit turns up, sometimes a "new" pump turns up on ebay too.

Other possibilities are to:
Dissemble your pump, look the parts over to see if the gerotor set is actually worn. Often they are not (low oil pressure often due to bearing clearances).

Have someone convert you over to a 1725 pump, there are various ways to due this. You can fit a 1725 gerotor set in the 1592 pump housing and fabricate extensions to the housing and pipes, OR you can go full 1725 pump, have the block modified and use a 1725 cam, or use a 1592 pump drive on the 1725 pump.

A lot to digest, I know.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I posted some pics of the conversion i did to fit a 1725 pump into a 3 main block.. you need to modify the sump baffle, the oil pickup tubes and drive gear. The advantage is a relatively cheap NEW pump and you get more flow/presure.

If you want a new 3 main pump i think i know where some are available, i found this out AFTER i finshed modifying a 1725 one... :rolleyes: always the way

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yes, please!

I will try and speak to them this week, I will ask the price, incase you had not read my profile im in Australia.. so postage will be involved and they are not light.. also the AU$ is high at the moment.. just some things to consider.

I believe they were part of a parts find of OEM ones frm the UK

ladybeamer

Donation Time
I will try and speak to them this week, I will ask the price, incase you had not read my profile im in Australia.. so postage will be involved and they are not light.. also the AU$ is high at the moment.. just some things to consider.

I believe they were part of a parts find of OEM ones frm the UK

That is ok, to have one will be well worth the money! I've looked high and low here and have feelers out as well. It will be one of those things that if found will be worth it.