• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by havealucky

1. H

Brake Servo Series V

This all good and useful information on both subjects. I will investigate further. Eventually the smoke clears off and she runs fine and smoke free so it must be #1. Thanks for the response. Tim
  2. H

Brake Servo Series V

Hi, I should clarify that it is engine oil that is burning and not brake fluid so the servo is not the problem here. What would cause eng oil to make it's way to the exhaust manifold? Oil pressure is excellent and the oil level is not down dramatically. Tim
  3. H

Brake Servo Series V

Hi, What exactly is going on when the servo is "sucking fluid"? I remember this topic from before but think I may have the same problem. I just got my Alpine back from 9 months of storage and have a few problems to sort. One is the fact that when it flashes up I get lots of oil smoke from...
  4. H

I'm on a mission...to have Girling vacumm hose reproduced.

Vacuum hose I have a used one with fittings. Don't know much about them but am willing to learn. Tim
  5. H

Graham Rood's book on the Works Racing Tigers

Rood Book The difference bettwen the Rood book and B of N in terms of potential value is large. The Rood book is published using "print on demand" technology whereas the B of N was a one off. The B of N was produced using printer's plates that apparently no longer exist. On the other hand...
  6. H

Book of Norman

Steve, You make a good point that initially the price might go down somewhat. It is true that there might be a time lag as people snapped up another edition. Over time however (how much time is debatable) the value of the original would likely be enhanced due to the increased exposure. I...
  7. H

Book of Norman

B Of N From what I know of book collecting, even if a second edition were published (unlikely as the printers plates were destroyed according to Norm) the first edition would retain its value as a collectible. It would likely even push it up a bit as it gained more widespread recognition as...
  8. H

Book of Norman

B of N Careful, Norm has copyright on his book. I'm no legal expert but I would be choked and seek legal recourse if someone put a book I wrote on a CD and flogged it. No doubt Norm has similar proprietary feelings and enjoys having created the mystique that surrounds his book, as he should...
  9. H

Intake manifold drain

Fuel fire What about the Tiger with the fuel pump mounted approximately 4" above the flaming hot muffler? The list goes on. In the sixties the lawyers had not yet become involved... Them were the days. Tim
  10. H

New to the list. Questions about the "Dark Side"

Underside paint? Greg, I'm pretty sure the undercoating was not a factory issue. When I did my Tiger dark side I'm remembering the body colour was evident above the red primer although the mists of time may be an influence. I did the underside with POR 15 so far and am thinking of a...
  11. H

Gauge O Rings

Gauge rubber answer Mark, Thanks. One of the local Tiger guys put me in touch with the "Lord of the Rings" aka Barrie in Ontario. Sure enough he has them as well as a few other hard to find products. You can see his site at www.britcot.com I also have a phone # for him...
  12. H

Gauge O Rings

Hello, I'm putting together a dashboard and don't have enough of the O rings the gauges sit on to do the job. I need both the large and small size. Any suggestion on how to get around this would be much appreciated. Regards, Tim
  13. H

Spare tire strap anchors

Jim, A belated thanks for the great effort you put into helping me out. I am sorry I didn't get back here sooner but between work and Christmas there has been little time for cars or computers. Thankfully Christmas is over and my car projects can resume. I too am impressed with your...
  14. H

Spare tire strap anchors

Hi, Is there someone who could tell me exactly where the holes should be for the spare tire strap on my very late Series 5? I have all the parts and a picture that shows the set up in general but would like to get it exactly right. At some point the originals were filled in with filler...
  15. H

wood dash lettering

Dash Lettering Here's what I found on this topic. Letraset has a "10 pt. Helvetica" in white that is a near perfect match. Unfortunately it is very hard to find but some digging might produce results. I used Woodland Scenics lettering, obtained at the local hobby shop...