• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by gwschneider

1. G

Rear Shackle Bushes

How do you "fold" the piece using what tool? It really seems to be stuck in there? Thanks again for the help!!
  2. G

Rear Shackle Bushes

Hey Junkman, thanks for the info. So that metal sleeve does come out! Ill check with them for the replacement parts. I really appreciate your help!! Gerry
  3. G

Rear Shackle Bushes

I have a Series 2 Alpine and want to remove the old dried out shackle bushes in the farthest rear located in the frame. The rubber part and center tube that the bolt goes through I got out easy. But I am not sure that the metal sleeve that is around the rubber bush comes out as well. I cannot...
  4. G

Pressing in New Bushes and fulcrum pins

Thanks anyways for looking and responding!!
  5. G

Hey thank you very much for the input I will try the angled piece of steel support. And yes. I am German (father)and Irish (mother). All the best to you!!
  6. G

Can anyone assist me in the correct way to press in the new bushes and fulcrum pins? The manual doesn't make sense to me as the pins are threaded and the fit is so tight I do not see the threads allowing it to seat correctly. Please let me know if you've done it and how is the best way to...