• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Shackle Bushes

gwschneider

Donation Time
I have a Series 2 Alpine and want to remove the old dried out shackle bushes in the farthest rear located in the frame. The rubber part and center tube that the bolt goes through I got out easy. But I am not sure that the metal sleeve that is around the rubber bush comes out as well. I cannot budge it!! Can someone let me know if this metal sleeve comes out as well as it appears it does and if so; how do you get it out. And lastly where can I find the replacement part bushes if anyone knows?? Thanks,

Gerry

gwschneider

Donation Time
Hey Junkman, thanks for the info. So that metal sleeve does come out! Ill check with them for the replacement parts. I really appreciate your help!!

Gerry

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you've got the rubber out, fold the outside piece into the hole and it will fall out. Put the new one in the freezer over night before installation.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you don't have an air chisel, just hammer a screw driver between the outer part of the bushing and the frame rail hole it fits in, then bent the metal inward. Or if you take a thin blade with a sawsall and slot the bushing then peel it out.