• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Finchy

1. Green anyone?

Green anyone?

Here's a photo of my Series II which is part way through a restoration. I'm guessing the colour is going to polarise people. Let me know what you think.
  2. Green anyone?

Green anyone?

Another shot from a diffeent angle.
  3. F

Seats: is it possible to fit seats from any other Rootes Group vehicle

Thanks for the feedback (about the colour and the seats!). I am trying to avoid high backed seats as I don't want to interfere with the lines so I may investigate later model Alpine seats. I used the same green (in matt) on an early Kombi van I restored and it's become something of a...
  4. F

Seats: is it possible to fit seats from any other Rootes Group vehicle

I have a Series II alpine which I'm in the process of restoring. The seats are absolutely buggered. I've looked at the cost of re-upholstering them and fitting after market seats but both are very expensive in New Zealand. Does anyone know whether the seats of out other Rootes group cars will...
  5. F

5 bearings engine for 3 bearings?.

Hillman Hunter repower Since this seems to be an Anzac forum thought I'd ask a (related) question. Do you know if the 1725 Hillman Hunter motor and gearbox will bolt in to a S2 Alpine or do you ned to make modifications? If so any idea what needs to be done? I am looking at a cheap Hunter...
  6. F

Overdrive slipping

I'm the proud (new) owner of a well used 1961 SII which has had a persistent overdrive slipping problem. From previous forums I know that it is due to the viscosity of the oil I have been using - I've tried several brands culminating in a mineral based SAE 30 which did the job for about an hour...