• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WTB burl wood dash

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
It seems neither SS and Classic Sunbeam carry the burl wood dashes any longer. Does anyone else have a source? I have seen them on ebay from time to time, but dont see any listed now.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Why not get a nice wood veneer of your liking a do your own work. Lots of styles and finishes to choose from and it’s also easy and satisfying to do.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I want one with a glove box door. I think it is a better finished look. I dont know why I missed the ones on ebay.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric is that chris? CG was the sunbeam spec .supplier?
I don't know, Michael. Anyone else know?

loose_electron

Donation Time
Ebay sells them but I like Jerry's idea of doing your own.

If you don't mind being non original, you can also re-design where things go, and eliminate some stuff that never gets used anymore. If you look at my pictures you will see that it is "similar" but not identical to the original dash. The washer pump never worked well even when the cars were new. Nobody uses a cigarette lighter anymore.

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
"Nobody uses a cigarette lighter anymore."

I still sort-of use mine ;-)

50334130043_87e2b75048_b.jpg

Slainte

Donation Time
If you don't mind being non original, you can also re-design where things go, and eliminate some stuff that never gets used anymore. If you look at my pictures you will see that it is "similar" but not identical to the original dash. The washer pump never worked well even when the cars were new. Nobody uses a cigarette lighter anymore.
My washer pump worked like a champ. I used to turn the jets around and squirt pedestrians. A major selling point of the car. ;-)

loose_electron

Donation Time
I ditched the "cigar" lighter in favor of some USB charger plugs buried where they can't be seen.

Back in the 1966 era (I was 10 at the time) I was cleaning the creosote off new alpines after they came off the ship. Lots of kerosene and rags to get all the ick off. That stupid windshield washer didn't work well then, and I remember having to take the stupid nozzles off to get the gunk soaked out of them.