• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WTB burl wood dash

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Michael, that's what I was thinking.....what are the odds that there are two SIV's done this way.
He's starting a museum of TV and Movie cars. Should be interesting.

Bill, it's just a sideline but helps to fill in the gaps!
Cheers!
Steve

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
The guy I bought my rollbar from took it out of an alpine that was being rebuilt as a max smart tribute car. This guy had a customer who he had built several crime fighter cars for. He had also built a black beauty, a mystery machine and a batmobile. I didn't actually see any of them. In think the customer was based in Chicago.

Btw, I got my burled dash from cgautowood today. It look very nice.

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
Just a note on other options for dash panel refurbishment.
Series V with Bakelite dash. Removed original vinyl covering. I had Dunk Tank Designs in Fargo, ND prep and prime. Then Hydro dipped (water transfer printing) with Twin Industries Inc. WTP-231 Dark Burlwood, and clear coated with PPG Satin Clear Coat. Did not want a high gloss finish! Cost was $200. Could of just bought a real wood dash for double that, but I wanted to experiment to see how it would look done this way. Very satisfied with the outcome. If I later decide to buy an actual wood dash, at least I don't have to worry about finding a steering column plate to match!! Numerous Burl Wood prints to choose from (other wood grains - carbon fiber - etc), I thought this one looked closest to what I've seen of the wood Walnut Burl veneer. Now if I could find a new windshield in the USA or Canada I could get it all back together and see what it looks like in the car!!

Series V Bakelite Dash (Hydro Graphics)(1).jpg Series V Bakelite Dash (Hydro Graphics)(2).jpg