• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
New bumpers arrived already!
I was also able to get some nice 18" wheels that are 5 spoke to fit the Sunbeam look of the late sixties.
Front bumper will be a bolt on as is, but the rear ones will need some work to make it look right.
Stay tuned

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I am still waiting on the new glass for the doors. Here is a shot of the template I made out of sheet metal for them to use. Back troubles and the weather put a dampner on any significant progress this week.

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_104915.jpg
    IMG_20170921_104915.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 80

Alpine66

Donation Time
I am still waiting on the new glass for the doors. Here is a shot of the template I made out of sheet metal for them to use. Back troubles and the weather put a dampner on any significant progress this week.

Interesting, you have a place that can custom make windows? What's the name of the company?

65beam

Donation Time
build

Any automotive glass shop can make door windows for Alpines. I had new door windows made for the Harrington. The shop cut them and sent them to LOF in Columbus to be tempered.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I got lucky that they are local as my internet search yielded 4 shops. I called Tony at Tri-Valley in Pleasanton who does all kinds of custom car mods. His number is 925-462-6459
It was only a one hour drive there but well worth it.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Any automotive glass shop can make door windows for Alpines. I had new door windows made for the Harrington. The shop cut them and sent them to LOF in Columbus to be tempered.

Are we talking flat or curved door glass? Mine are curved btw

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Finally heard back from the glass shop! Taking way too long, still another 6-8 weeks out. I was able to pick up a stock deck lid which gives me a much better start because the new trunk is really critical.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Well, it turns out that glass guys contact tried to rip us off so I canceled that order and decided to go with Acrilyc with a protective coating and cost a little over half as much as Tempered Glass.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Well, it turns out that glass guys contact tried to rip us off so I canceled that order and decided to go with Acrilyc with a protective coating and cost a little over half as much as Tempered Glass.
Your going the right way there in my opinion, we replaced all the glass with Acrylic on the last car and will do the same, on this one were doing now, I'm actually going to talk about to someone about a wind screen also,

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
That is reassuring, Thanks! I was only familiar with Lexan™ as an alternative and know that it is not to "stiff" so when Acrylic was mentioned and the scratch resistant coating, it was the way to go. I am making the grill surround out of a Stainless Steel bar, have put the curve to it and just got it back from having the mounting studs welded in. Will finish getting the final shape, cut it to size and start to polish it. I will post pics of it soon. Question for you guys that are more familiar about the Sunbeam then I am, what is the best looking driving/fog light that you would reccomend and why?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Still waiting on the door windows before I do any more fabricating. In the meantime I have been keeping my eyes open for a wrecked 2006-2016 MX-5 just in case I get flaked on again. Other than that, picked up some 5 spoke OE mustang wheels that look like Cragars from the late 60's. They measure 18 X 8". I really wanted Minilites because they look so cool and unique, after contacting the manufacture in the UK they could not make them work with my offset and backspacing.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Other than that, picked up some 5 spoke OE mustang wheels that look like Cragars from the late 60's. They measure 18 X 8". I really wanted Minilites because they look so cool and unique, after contacting the manufacture in the UK they could not make them work with my offset and backspacing.
I don't have any experience with either of these companies, but both can widen wheels.
http://weldcraftwheels.com
http://picowheel.com

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Those are nice but too similar to the ones I have on my 1968 GTS Convertible. They are made by a company called REV Wheels

Attachments

• rev_classic106_17x8-1502-095-00-500.png
    rev_classic106_17x8-1502-095-00-500.png
    293 KB · Views: 10