• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

You didn't know him

alpinegt

Donation Time
To my knowlege Eric and Tiger Tom were the only people in the Sunbeam fraternity who knew George Maglackelidge. George was 63 years old and drove an Alpine as his primary transportation for over 30 years (same car).

George was not a wealthy man. He kept his car running on used parts many of which were well worn. He was an excellent body man and mechanic.

George had a massive stroke and died while under his Alpine installing a transmission which he had put together from two transmissions which had different problems.

We had nothing in common except Sunbeams. But we talked usually twice a week.

George was very involved in the three year restoration of my Tiger (just finished it).

George was not a joiner. To my knowledge he belonged to no clubs. But I personally believe that he was the ultimate Sunbeamer. He never thought of driving anything else. I will miss him.

Russ

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
A glass is raised here for a fine gentleman. May he go on to a reward that brings him his lovely, like-new-again Alpine to drive on pretty days for eternity.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Russ I am sorry to hear this. I just talked to George a few days ago-he was looking for a driveshaft yoke for his Alpine. I think he installed one of my Alpine rearends a few years ago too. You were lucky to have him for a friend.
Eric

Sownman

Donation Time
George was not a joiner. To my knowledge he belonged to no clubs. But I personally believe that he was the ultimate Sunbeamer. He never thought of driving anything else. I will miss him.

Russ

Sorry to hear he passed. Sorry to hear we lost an ultimate Sunbeamer who could have offered a great deal if only he had been a joiner.

Steve R

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I wish I could have worked with Mr Maglackelidge while working on Sunbeams. He sounds pretty interesting.
His family has my condolences.
Jan

mikephillips

Donation Time
I too extend sympathies. But while 63 is too young he at least got to go working on something he obviously loved, and that's rare.