• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wood Rim Steering Wheel For Sale.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

For sale is one wood rimmed steering wheel which I recently purchased off Ebay. The steering wheel is a dished type, 14.5" diameter and will suit a fixed steering column (will not fit on my Tiger with adjustable column). I sanded the wood rim back, staining and clear coating the wood. I also cleaned and re-painted the aluminium boss and polished to the best of my ability the chrome plated metal spokes of the wheel. It has some minor pitting, but looks very presentable. I was going to mount a Tiger or Alpine badge which can be purchased off Ebay to fill in the centre of the horn button (original one fell off). If no one wants it, I will put it on Ebay to sell. I want AUS$100 or nearest offer for it (Buyer to pay postage). Payment via PayPal. Following is a before and after picture.

Any questions, please send a PM.

Thank you, Robin.

pavarmy

Donation Time
Wood Steering Wheel

Hi Robin,

Do you still have the wood steering wheel, and is there a boss kit needed for it to fit an 1966 SV V, non-adjustable column, and do you incl one with the wheel ? If yes to all above I would be pleased to take it off your hands. Is there a system on it which will operate the horn as well? Canada frowns on "hornless" cars.

I am listed as "pavarmy" on the club roster but my nickname is "Pav" (bestowed on me some 51 years ago as a very young Army officer).

I am located in Ottawa, ON., Canada, K2E 5T4 if we get to the purchase/shipping stage.

Cheers, Pav

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Robin,

Do you still have the wood steering wheel, and is there a boss kit needed for it to fit an 1966 SV V, non-adjustable column, and do you incl one with the wheel ? If yes to all above I would be pleased to take it off your hands. Is there a system on it which will operate the horn as well? Canada frowns on "hornless" cars.

I am listed as "pavarmy" on the club roster but my nickname is "Pav" (bestowed on me some 51 years ago as a very young Army officer).

I am located in Ottawa, ON., Canada, K2E 5T4 if we get to the purchase/shipping stage.

Cheers, Pav

Hi Pav,

The steering wheel is still for sale as you are the first person to show interest. When I fitted the steering wheel to my Tiger, (which has an adjustable steering column) the locking bolt stuck out too far and the horn button would not fit, so I am assuming the non-adjustable column would be fine. I cleaned up the horn button and seemed to work well with a continuity test. The only thing you will have to do is run a new wire from the back of the horn to the Alpine connection in the steering column. I will PM you regarding the shipping cost and payment details.

Thank you,

Kind Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

This steering wheel has been sold for those who may have been interested.

Thank you, Robin.