• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wiring diagram

Britboy

Donation Time
Hello Beamers:
I really need to rewire most of the instrument in my 67 Alpine and have been unable to find a decent S5 wiring diagram.
Series 4 diagrams are available on eBay. Are the S4 and S5 greatly different? Could I get most of what I need to know from a S4 diagram?
As always, thanks for any advice.
Cheers

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Brit Boy,

The UK Alpine Owners club has late model standard wiring diagrams on their website if you need one.

Series IVs are Positive earth as standard, Series Vs are negative. We have changed our Series IV to negative earth and incorporated an alternator.

I know that this is the 'stock' part of the forum but I have completely re-wired my son's Alpine with a modern wiring set up, L.E.D. dashboard lights etc.
The incorporates multiple fuses, relays for the lights and horns (massive improvement) and things like a tracker, electric fuel pump, alarm, inertia kill switch (car is an automatic) etc etc.
If you (or anyone else) wants the detail of how I wired the car I am more than happy to E-Mail the directions to you. I am NOT an electrics expert or qualified electrician or anything but I did the car slowly and methodically and it has been 100% reliable since I did the work. I took the dashboard out and wired that off of the car, then I taped each separate part of the loom to the outside of the car and worked my way around it making everything work before I fitted the wiring into the car.
I also incorporated a number of additional earth wires which is something I would recommend.

These are fuses, control boxes etc inside the passenger compartment on the bulkhead rather than exposed to the elements beside the engine.

This is the back of the dashboard being wired off of the air

This is the wiring being 'dry fitted' over the car before re-spray.

This is the finished article

Best Wishes,

Tim R

Britboy

Donation Time
Yes, but with my eyesight I was hoping to find something bigger and with better resolution - maybe even a colored diagram. I'll certainly use it if nothing else is available.
Thanks for the reminder Todd.
Jim

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Britboy, I do not understand your reply to Todd. The link he provided is to a PDF file that IS a colored diagram and as a PDF you can zoom in as far as you want to make it as clear and easy to read as possible. Did you try the link?

Tom

Britboy

Donation Time
Britboy, I do not understand your reply to Todd. The link he provided is to a PDF file that IS a colored diagram and as a PDF you can zoom in as far as you want to make it as clear and easy to read as possible. Did you try the link?

Tom
My bad Tom. I had previously downloaded the wiring diagram from a previously listed link to the Rootes Manual WSM.145 and had assumed Todd's link was to the same thing. Having now downloaded this most recent file, I have exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks.