• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windshield install

Hodee

Donation Time
I got my glass/rubber surround and stainless trim installed. New dashpad with excess padding sanded down. Upon installation I can’t get the center to touch the body. It sits about a 1/4 inch above the body. Far right and left sides are ok with the new “adjustable nuts”. Should I back off all the nuts and secure the center first?

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Suggest you do just that. But don't tighten down completely. Once all windshield frame fasteners are semi snug, go ahead and tighten the centre nut. the outer fasteners you have with the adjustable nuts can then be furter tightened and adjusted to line up with the side window openings.
Bob

Acollin

Donation Time
Any chance you needed to trim a bit of the dash pad off — windshield edge— trimmed it in such a way that the left and right ends are making contact before they should?
Or could something be bent or twisted.
I too, would secure that center down first and slowly pull the sides down toward the body.
On a “dry” fit, without any tightening of the nuts, does the center of your frame/ gasket, reach the body gasket?
Also while I did not notice a mention of it specifically in your descriptions , there is also a reference to a frame to body seal in the SS parts catalog. Is this seal tight and evenly secured beneath the windshield frame?

I hope this helps— a few pictures from your end might clarify a lot. Someone could very well see something that you have not.
Good luck

Hodee

Donation Time
Thanks for all the help. Windscreen is secure and quite parallel to the side windows. However, is there an adjustment to allow tilting the side lights (small windows) inbound or outbound? Hopefully, the photo shows the misalignment.IMG_4284.jpeg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thanks for all the help. Windscreen is secure and quite parallel to the side windows. However, is there an adjustment to allow tilting the side lights (small windows) inbound or outbound? Hopefully, the photo shows the misalignment.View attachment 30128
You can adjust a little from inside the door where they mount. You want to constantly check this kind of adjustment by raising the window and check seal to softtop and hardtop if you have...