• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

will the Rota RB 15X6 +25 offset with 195/60's fit an alpine

gary1725

Donation Time
Hi Folks,

I have tried to read the plethora of notes on this but do not see any definitive "yes's", I found the tire calculator which was great - but without modification will this wheel and tire combination work?

today I have what I believe are 13 inch Mustang II / Pinto slotted alloys with 185/70 tires..

I was hoping to drop RPM on the highway which is why I was looking at this combination while changing the wheels to a design that I think looks good on the cars.

PS - all stock SV

thanks

Gary

jzuk7

Donation Time
I went through the same dilemma last spring. I have Rota RBs on my SV. For the front I have 15x6 +20 with 185/55 R 15 tires. On the rears I have 15x7 +30 with 205/5 r15 tires. The front tires and rims fit with no issues. The rears needed a 1/4 spacer, otherwise the rear tires rubbed on the leaf spring bracket. I bought the rims from a seller on ebay that packaged the different rim sizes together. I like the look of the RB rims on my car. The suspension on my car is stock. My car has a v6 and a t-5, so I'm of no help on the engine RPM question.

Joel

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
I believe the correct offset is 20 front(6x15) and 25 rear (7x15) ... dropping rpm means higher profile tires on those 15's or a 3:89/3:70 gear set change.

..... David

Last edited:

gary1725

Donation Time
I believe the correct offset is 20 front(6x15) and 25 rear (7x15) ... dropping rpm means higher profile tires on those 15's or a 3:89/3:70 gear set change.

..... David
Thanks! I did not see them list a 20 offset! The diff will be the next thing I look at but doing things one at a time..

gary1725

Donation Time
I went through the same dilemma last spring. I have Rota RBs on my SV. For the front I have 15x6 +20 with 185/55 R 15 tires. On the rears I have 15x7 +30 with 205/5 r15 tires. The front tires and rims fit with no issues. The rears needed a 1/4 spacer, otherwise the rear tires rubbed on the leaf spring bracket. I bought the rims from a seller on ebay that packaged the different rim sizes together. I like the look of the RB rims on my car. The suspension on my car is stock. My car has a v6 and a t-5, so I'm of no help on the engine RPM question.

Joel
Thanks Joel!

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor

Joel
What brand tires did you choose and where did you source from, if you don’t mind sharing.

jzuk7

Donation Time
Yokohama S drive, and ordered them through Discount Tire. I don't think those tires are made anymore.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
you will LOVE the S-drives, I have the same set-up.
IMG_3719-X2.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Be warned.. If the car is not messed with you may need to resolve interference between the sidewall and the rear arch seam around the lip.

You can either trim it or roll it up. Rolling maintains the strength but careful with your paint. If you roll it clean it thoroughly and then fill the u shaped profile with a water resistant body filler or undercoat to prevent debris sitting in there and rotting the arch lips

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Sweet. Do you have the same 15x6, 185/55/15 on front. 15x7, 205/50/15 on back?
Yes, but my offsets are different, my is a series 2 with an RX7 rear axle. So my offset is 25 front and 20 rear. I also re-drilled to 4 on 4.5 (114.3) and have a lot more wheel choices then 4 on 4.25.

Last edited:

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
I ended up ordering wheels today. I decided to do 6 inch rims with 25mm offset front and rear. I’ll use 185/55/15 tires front and rear. My rearend is an 8 inch Ford. While the 205/50/15’s on 7’s would have fit with massaging my fenders seams, I’m hoping the narrower tire will clear the rear with only minimal intervention and give the look I want.

gary1725

Donation Time
ok - the wheels 15/6 with a 25 offset and 195/60's fit easily in back - probably could have got away with 205's in some shape or form - for the front they are tight clearing the valance and to make sure there is no rubbing I will trim a 1/4 inch or so off the trailing edge. but all in all I am very happy!