• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Will it tow an Alpine?

skywords

Donation Time
I am going to purchase this bohemeth next week and drive it home from the east coast. My plan is to find a trailer just big enough to put one of my Alpines on and tow it when we camp. If you call this camping. It has everything rebuilt under the floor, steering, engine, tranny, new cluth etc.. 8KW new generator. Any ideas on a trailer thats not heavy but good for an Alpine. I don,t wish to spin the axles everywhere I go.

skywords

Donation Time
I never thought of that but your right. I will have lay over in Erie for two or three days next week with this beast. Come have a beer Matilda would look nice parked under the awning. PM me

Tullamore

Donation Time
Skywords I also have a conversion bus, although nothing as nice as yours. It is so nice to be able tow a car to the track and have a place to escape to. Also trailers track very well behind buses and you won't even feel the trailer on there.

My bus is a 72 International 1603, has 12 backup batteries and 3000W inverter for a couple days of off grid power, two sinks, bathroom, air conditioning, sat tv, mood lighting inside and out under awning, stove, triple source heater, solar power and built in transfer switch/charger.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, doubt that it can tow an Alpine. Suggest you look into mounting electric motors on the trailer and hook them to the genset. Hybrid drive is the new wave, you know.:rolleyes:

Will you be coming through central Indiana?

Bill

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Rick, as to your initial question,
I made a "Sunbeam trailer" out of a used boat trailer.
Find one in the 18' range.
Since it will be purpose made you can use 2-2x12's as your runners.
Aluminium ramps are easy to find.
Shop around, you can find single axle or tandem. No brakes, electric brakes, surge brakes.
They are light and sturdy.
Hope it works for you!

skywords

Donation Time
Skywords I also have a conversion bus, although nothing as nice as yours. It is so nice to be able tow a car to the track and have a place to escape to. Also trailers track very well behind buses and you won't even feel the trailer on there.

My bus is a 72 International 1603, has 12 backup batteries and 3000W inverter for a couple days of off grid power, two sinks, bathroom, air conditioning, sat tv, mood lighting inside and out under awning, stove, triple source heater, solar power and built in transfer switch/charger.

Steve that is very nice and real wood to boot, mine is paneling and looks it. Very very nice, don't sell that short I would be very proud to own it. I wish my interior was that well done.

skywords

Donation Time
Rick, as to your initial question,
I made a "Sunbeam trailer" out of a used boat trailer.
Find one in the 18' range.
Since it will be purpose made you can use 2-2x12's as your runners.
Aluminium ramps are easy to find.
Shop around, you can find single axle or tandem. No brakes, electric brakes, surge brakes.
They are light and sturdy.
Hope it works for you!

Jeff that's a good idea I will research that when I get home. Thanks

skywords

Donation Time
Rick, doubt that it can tow an Alpine. Suggest you look into mounting electric motors on the trailer and hook them to the genset. Hybrid drive is the new wave, you know.:rolleyes:

Will you be coming through central Indiana?

Bill

Oh darn I will have to put a bigger blower on the Detroit 8V-71.
I am not sure what my route is but I will be coming down near Evensville I believe. One of my customers has invited me to spend the 4th with them on their 80ft boat some where in Kentucky / tough duty. Send me a PM maybe we could have lunch or something.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, haven't you heard, the old Jimmys are like a virgin on her wedding night. They scream and carry on, but don't put out much.

Bill