• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Who sells Panasport "minilite" rims

C

cooked

Are these rims still produced if so who sells them??? What size fits Alpines??

65beam

Donation Time
minilites

i recently bought a set of wheels that are very similar to the minilites. i bought them from victoria british.they sell for 600.00 a set( 4 wheels ) for 13 inch,750.00 for 14 inch including the center caps.they are made in the U.K.sunbeam specialties also carries the minilites.

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'll bet you can probably get them through whoever your local tire store is. I tried to buy mine direct but couldn't. I went through my local tire store, Les Schwab, and was able to get a set of 15's in Panasport for (I can't remember and it pains me to look at receipts) 600-800 bucks. Be sure to specify if you want the fully painted or polished lips though. I wanted the polished lips and ended up with the fully painted ones. They grew on me and I'm glad that I got the fully painted now. I'm guessing that some of the big boys like Tire Rack will be able to source them if you can't find something local. And finally, if you contact them direct, they should be able to set you up with a semi-local distributor..... http://www.midatlanticmotorsport.com/panasport.htm

Good Luck!
Bryan

M

mschoonmaker

I agree

Why not buy them from Rick at Sunbeam Specialties lets give him the biz he supports us:)

We need to help him stay in business, so what if he makes a few dollars, at least you know hes going to be there. I wonder how old he is or if he has a youngster to take over???

My Father, my Brother, and I have been getting parts from him as long as I can remember.

A

AutoX47

Keep in mind that all three of the varieties, the Panasport, Minilite and Minatuar all look a little different.

Minilite is the original. Panasports are the lightest. Minituar (sp?) are sold by Victoria British.

After going to the Dayton invasion and seeing all three wheels I decided to buy the Panasports. Mine weigh less than 10 pounds each in 14x6 size. I bought them from Spruell motorsports out of Atlanta. They are an alfa race shop and the alfas conveniently run the same offset and bolt pattern we do. I think I payed 148 each with the polished lip + 8 dollars shipping.

Don't buy your lugnuts from them, though, as they are metric (guess who bought new studs after trying that out :D )

panasports.jpg

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
...the alfas conveniently run the same offset and bolt pattern we do.
Andrew: I knew some Alfas had the same bolt pattern, but this is the first time I have heard the offset was the same. Which Alfa model models used these wheels?

p.s. Welcome back. Hope the school year went well.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
You have to love Paul Spruell Alfa.... I don't know if Michelle still works in the parts department but she was the greatest parts person I ever dealt with.

I think all Spiders, GTV's, and Montreal's were 108mm patterns.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just to throw one more in the mix,

The Superlite rims by Performance are really nice. They are the equal or second best looking with panasports, but are cheaper (and heavier)