• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What's the difference in Rocker Arms?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
DanR said:
What is the difference between the Series IV and Series V Rocker arm assemblies?

Or should I ask "if" there is a difference?

I have a set of rockers that are much smaller than the set on my SV. Don't understand why they are so much smaller.

Can't remember where they came from unless they were on one of my SIV's....

Were the SI's, II's or III's perhaps different?

RootesRacer

Donation Time
All series alpines used the same rockers, there are 2 parts to a set, 4 each.
The only difference in the 2 parts is the direction that the rockers deflect relative to the center of the rocker.

If you have rockers with a smaller radius, its to a different engine.

Rootes 66

Donation Time
Dan
The Rootes vehicles with the Iron head used a similar rocker but about 1/8" shorter, My guess is that is what you have.
Pete

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rootes 66,

Your answer must be what I have in rocker arms. However, none of my heads are Iron Heads.

Where these came from I have no idea.

If any one out there needs them they will be available. I believe they are servicable.

Thanks Pete for the help!