• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber Intake Manifold Is Leaking

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
Gentlemen:

Our SIV has a Weber 32/36 DGV carb. Today we discovered a leak at the coolant inlet point on the intake manifold. There is a piece that screws into the end of the intake manifold that has a nipple end onto which you attach the coolant hose. This has corroded and is leaking.

Does anyone know if this part is available in the aftermarket? If not, is there a modication that can be done to replace this part?

Let me know,
Mike Pennell

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

I recently installed one of the original manifolds back onto my series IV and found the same problem with the water hose fitting being seized in place due to rust. I did not use the water passage in the manifold as I could not remove the seized fitting. If yours is not too badly seized, you can get new fittings from auto shops (just need to match the thread size). The other way is to cut off the old fitting and re-drill and tap the hole and replace the fitting. On the other hand, you can bypass the manifold cooling completely which many people have done.

Hope this helps, Robin.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have been pretty successful getting those rusty nipples out using heat and a good wrench. This would be a good thing to reproduce, maybe out of brass.