• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vizard???

Mike snyder

Donation Time
So, what exactly is a "vizard head modification"? Also, what is "the performance tuning guide"? Where can I get this information. I tried the search feature but did not get much out of it. Thanks for the help.
Mike Snyder

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The vizard head modification is from a book of performance modifications to predominately english engines, written by a gent with the last name vizard.

Vizards prowess was/is in flow testing and modifying cylinder heads to increase the performance, typically by increasing port flows.

This book is long out of print, but I think Jim Ellis has some info he offers from time to time.

The "tuning guide" is a book written by Rootes for tuning the series II engine and chassis to allow for competitive road racing for its period.

The information is mostly applicable to all series sunbeams, with the exception of carb/intake specific modification instructions that apply only to SI to SIII cars.

This book or more like a pamphlet used to be available from Sunbeam Specialties. and Ive seen it pop up from time to time on ebay.