• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vader broke again

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Just limped home not sure if it is the rear end or the transmission... friggg
What kind of noises is it making? I would guess that it is the rear end, because the T5 you have is almost bullet proof. I broke a stock Alpine rear end too, then I went to the 8". End of story.

I did break an 8" while racing the turbocharged Alpine, but that's another story.

Jose :D

skywords

Donation Time
Jim I am sorry to hear your miss fortune. I was wondering if I will be just spinning my wheels or not spinning my wheels by using the stock rear end with 180hp. My plan was to drive it easy but maybe that's wishful thinking.

I hope you can sort thru your problem quickly and inexpensively.

Jim E

Donation Time
Jeff that is a good idea...

I think it is the T5 because I was rolling along slow in traffic and the rear wheels locked up, pushed tyhe clutch in and it rolled. This was in 1st, put it in second and it would move but then it locked up in second, finally used 3rd and got the rest of the way home.

Sounded like gravel being crushed.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Now that sounds strange. Should of put a Ranger in it!

Bill:D
Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! :D

Good one Bill! Maybe he should have. This is the very first T5, that I have seen behind a V6, that has broken. I used to side step the clutch at 5,000 rpm. in my turbo Alpine, and never had any trouble from it. I did eventually break the differential, when the four carrier bolts broke and the carrier almost came out the back of the banjo housing, but never the transmission.

Jose:)

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Sounds like you really got a bad deal on that tranny, weren't there issues with it when you first got the car together?
Just PLEASE make sure it's roadworthy in late august!

Jim E

Donation Time
Yeah think I paid $150 or so and it had bad syncros, then had it rebuilt and found it also need a second gear, then when it was done put it in and it leaked so had to come back out and get sealed up.

There is a place in Florida that sells T5 built to spec if it is a trans problem will most likley just order one from them.

Just does not seem like the V6 could bust a T5 but I am betting that is what it is.