• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Kit News

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you in on some news. My friend that used to fabricate the kit parts, has decided that he's too old to keep up with the amount of work that has piled up. We now have five guys that are waiting to hear from me, so they can order their kits. My fabricator wouldn't be able to complete them in a years time, so he wants to let Jim Ellis and I partner up so we can begin producing them in larger quantities, so we can keep up with the growing demand. My friend Jim Moyer has done a splendid job for me over the years, and i'm very grateful for that. He just wants to slow down, and I can't blame him.

Jim Ellis and I will be back on line in between 60 to 90 days, but at that time, we should have ten sets of parts done and on the shelf for delivery. The quality will be of the same caliber, so I'm sure you will more than pleased.

We don't know if the prices will change, but as always, we will try to keep it so even the little guys can afford to have a V6 Alpine, if they're so inclined.

I would like for all the guys that are wanting to order a kit now, to send me another e-mail, so we can get a good idea of how many we need to do in the first batch. I will be deleting all the old e-mails, so I don't get confused. I want to thank all of you guys in advance for being patient with us, while we get this up and running again. We look forward to helping all those guys that want a V6 Alpine.

I want to thank Jim Ellis especially, for helping me with this problem, because if he hadn't stepped up, we might have just had to quit making the V6 conversion kits.

Jose:)

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Jose,
You are awesome. The kits are awesome. Even from Columbia I still rely on you to answer my questions and you have never let me down.
Thanks to Jim Moyer. My two kits are perfect fits. I needed a couple of replacement parts and Jim sent them to me immediatley when I ordered them.
I am sure you and Jim will keep the quality up where it has been. Keep up the good work.

Jim E

Donation Time
We are just getting this underway and I still have to source suppliers and such. We will need to see about cost for materials and construction, to see if the price of the kit will stay the same or go up or even down.

Once I have a kit in hand and the jigs I can move ahead and have more solid info on the speed we can produce kits and how much they will cost.

The idea is we can turn the kits out faster LOTS faster and if you want a kit you just send the cash and I put your address on the box and ship it, no waiting.

Can we make this happen? I think so can we do it for the same money the kit sells for now... I doubt it but maybe. The area I am hoping to save money on construction is the headers. I want to have them bent up instead of pieced together. Anyway bear with us we will get there.

T

Toonguy

Sounds Good

Jose,

Thanks for the udpdate. I have not ordered the conversion kit yet, but I am still VERY interested in getting on the list. I actually contacted you about five years ago regarding the V6 conversion, but my job status got real nutty and the car went back into the barn. I am planning on bringing the '67 back into the garage this spring. I am amazed at the number of guys out there executing this engine swap. If you and Jim can keep the kit price down by bulk fabricating as many as possible, count me in.

Keep up the great work - John

T

turbinepete

V6 kit - ballpark price

Jose, I am also interested in the kit but I do have a few questions. The first one is the ballpark price for the kit and what it includes - You have probably answered this many times but I am new to the Forum. Also, I could get a hold of a 2.9 engine out of a Bronco 2 and I would like to know if that engine would do.

After 9 years of rebuilding my Series 2, it will finally be ready this spring. The car is all stock but I am planning ahead for next year's project.

Thanks.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Jose, I am also interested in the kit but I do have a few questions. The first one is the ballpark price for the kit and what it includes - You have probably answered this many times but I am new to the Forum. Also, I could get a hold of a 2.9 engine out of a Bronco 2 and I would like to know if that engine would do.

After 9 years of rebuilding my Series 2, it will finally be ready this spring. The car is all stock but I am planning ahead for next year's project.

Thanks.
Hi Pete,

Jim E. and I don't have a price for the kit yet, as we still need to find a fabricator. The old price sheet had the basic kit price at $910, but with all the parts we make, the whole thing was about $1,200, with shipping. We should know in about 60 to 90 days what it will cost. Since I have always tried to keep the price so that even the little guy could afford it, we will try to keep it that way. If you keep tabs on this board, you will know the current prices, when we find out what it will cost us to produce it.

The only one of the Ford V6's that our kit fits, is the 2.8. The 2.9, 3.0 and 4.0 V6's, have a different exhaust port arrangement, so they require changing the steering system of the Alpine, which would not only be expensive, but would also destrpy the fine handling of the Alpine. The littler 2.6 will physically fit the Alpine, but is obsolete and the parts are hard to find and expensive too. The kit doesn't fit it anyway.

Jose:)

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Turbinepete,
Was that you hauling the Series II through Provo this morning. I can show you all the parts of the V6 kit I am getting ready to install.

T

turbinepete

re:provo

Hi Rob,

No it wasn't me in Provo. But I would have liked to see that kit. If there is anybody out there with a kit for sale including engine, tranny, etc, let me know.

Thanks.