• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 ebay

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
For those who might be wondering if this Alpine was converted with one of my kits. No. It wasn't converted with any kit of mine. It has a Capri transmission, which I have never recommended, and the alternator is mounted on the passenger side, while our alternator bracket mounts the alternator on the drivers side. Since I can't see but one engine bay picture, and it isn't very close, I can't determine whether the conversion was done well.

The car itself looks ok, so I wonder why the bidding didn't go over $2,500. Maybe there is something we can't see in the pictures.

Jose:)

skywords

Donation Time
It's hard to tell from pictures but the engine looks a little grungy and the engine bay is red? The rest of the car looks great. He needed more and better pictures to represent the car.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
I agree, the lack of pictures sure didn't help the auction, then again, more pictures may have made it worse.
Not that because it wasn't a Jose kit doesn't make it bad though, there's always more than one way to skin a cat, although this particular one looks like it was skinned by a lawnmower.
At least if it was done poorly, they have some of the components to pickup and re-do it with a kit and better tranny. Not too bad a start!
Good luck to the new owner, hope we know/get to know them.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jeff,

You are absolutely right about 1,000 different ways to skin a cat. I have seen a couple of well done V6 Alpines that were done by competent guys that knew what they were doing. I mentioned that it wasn't done with one of our kits, because almost every time a V6 Alpine comes up on ebay, I get several questions about whether or not it was done with our kit.

I have also had a couple of guys, that were told that the V6 Alpine they were selling, was done with one of our kits, but when the buyer got it home and started looking at it closely, they discovered that it wasn't.

If anyone is interested in buying a V6 Alpine on ebay or Craig's list, or anywhere, drop me a line, send a picture, tell me a little about it and who is selling it, and if it is one of mine, I will let you know. I can remember almost every customer I've had, and also know a bit about the history of every one of the Alpines that were converted with the kit.

Jose

Nickodell

Donation Time
My guess is that he realised that he'd set the Reserve and/or Buy it Now prices too low, and to avoid having to let it go at $5,000 (his probable reserve) he made up the Barbra Streisand excuse to "end the auction early" because the car suddenly and mysteriously became unavailable. But there; maybe I'm just a cynic.