• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 conversion

K

kbebout

Can a Chevrolet 2.8 V6 be put into an Alpine as easily as a Ford?

miket

Donation Time
The Ford 2.8 conversion is probably easier by the fact that an instlation kit is available from V6Jose.
Still I choose to use the GM 3.1 , and further complicated the install by using a FWD vs a RWD. For obvious reasons the RWD is easier, but the FWD with aluminum heads is lighter and gives some extra HP.

If you use a RWD Camero engine you can choose between FI or carbs. To use a carb on FWD engine you'll have make a manifold. Not impossible.

let us know which route you take.
Mike

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Mike,

It isn't easier just because I make a kit to fit the Ford 2.8 V6. The location of exhaust ports and starters, complicates the installation of the GM V6. I think it's great that you have decided to do something different, because not everyone wants what the other guys have. I love all conversions, as long as they are well done.

Jose:)

britbeam

Donation Time
While I admire those that want to take the road less traveled Im for drivem as soon as you can. The 2.8 gives plenty of fun factor without running into complications all through the mod. The V6 mod is still a challenge even with Joses kit. Not hard just a challenge. Still a lot of clearance fitting ect while installing. The language "Kit" doesnt mean it just falls in but most car guys, gearheads will have no problem installing. Ive now logged over 10000 miles on the conversion and love it. I was driving in 6 months and havent stopped the modifications to the car yet but Im driving enjoying the car a lot. If I had been engineering my own kit it wouldve taken me much longer.
Dwain V6 Krazy

H

Husky59

Question For Jose

I have a 1959 Husky that I want a 3.4 GM V6 in. I plan on doing away with the front crossmember for a more modern and (GM V6 friendly) one that supports a rack. Do you have any suggestions or am I asking for trouble?
Doug

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a 1959 Husky that I want a 3.4 GM V6 in. I plan on doing away with the front crossmember for a more modern and (GM V6 friendly) one that supports a rack. Do you have any suggestions or am I asking for trouble?
Doug

You are going to be very much on your own. Only a few have done the GM v6 in an Alpine. No kit is available. Also, the front end architecture is different between an Alpine and Husky. Beyond that, please keep me informed as to what you figure out. I am curious about how that would work.

Just down the road,

alpinerover

Donation Time
V6 2.8 conversion kit

I want to buy a V6 2.8 conversion kit for my Alpine. Do any of you here know where I can get it?
Thanks,
AR

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Hi AR
Just saw your location response.
Small world! I too live in Hemet and am doing the 2,8 Mustang swap. Would be happy to show you the kit parts I have if it would help.:).