• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Conversion Kit

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I have received several e-mails, and P.M.'s in the past week, asking about when we will be able to provide them with a kit. I want to assure those of you who are planning to convert your Alpines to the V6, that we still intend on making them and we are hoping that it will be soon. We haven't forgotten you, and want to thank you for being patient. We will notify you, all that have written asking to be put on the list, as soon as we can deliver.

Thanks again for your patience.

Jose:) :)

Jim E

Donation Time
The delay is my fault. We were on track and then I had some things happen and could not keep after getting the kit in production. I am sorry for the delay life just piled more on me there for a while than I could handle and keep up with the board and kit production. Things are smoothing out and later today I am going to see a guy about building the headers. Believe me we will get this done.

On the headers I have one guy who will do it but his machine for bending the pipes is not a mandrall [sp?] bender and I really would like to get away from piece building them to keep cost down. This may not be posible but want to try and avoid the piece building.

On the other pieces of the kit I have a company that will cut the stuff out for us and they do very nice work. I have yet to find a place that will build these parts but have not given up. Basically on these parts I am looking at have two parttys involved a company that cuts all the pieces out of flat stock, and then a shop that bends and welds the stuff up, motor mounts and such.

Hang in there we will come thru.
Regards Jim E

bluoval

Donation Time
conv kit

hi all thanks jim and jose for the update wasnt what we wanted to hear but we are all big boys ,and family and personal matters come first tankks earl blu oval

EdSua

Donation Time
Newly bought Alpine V with v6 conversion

I recently bought a Series V Alpine with a V6 conversion. The conversion was made prior to the availability of Jose's kit. I am curious to see an Alpine with Jose's Kit so I can decide if I need to rework the conversion or reinstall using portions or the whole kit. The car runs well but has a "prototype" feel and look about it. Is there someone in the SF Bay Area with Jose's kit that can show me theirs?