• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Underside stuff

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
I got great response to the S4 interior stuff, thanks.

I’m starting to pull off the front crossmember and rear axle, plus the steering assembly. Any interest in these? -anything from hub to hub, or parts in between.

Bonus: I have a pretty nice bumper overrider (just one) that came with my bumperless car.

Same deal as the interior, shipping cost plus a modest fee. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4818.jpeg
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4813.jpeg
    IMG_4813.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4815.jpeg
    IMG_4815.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4814.jpeg
    IMG_4814.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'll take the overrider. Figure shipping on the steering and let me know.

Pull the hubs too.

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
I weighed and measured the package that the steering assembly would create and came up with about $45 shipping to 29649 using UPS.

"pull the hubs", oy. It looks like the fronts aren't too hard, the rears a little more involved.

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
I got busy (and dirty) today, dropping the front crossmember and various underhood cleanup-ing. I think I've replied to everyone that asked about parts and shipping costs. I'll have to get everything boxed and shipped in the morning. Thanks!

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
I think this is a transmission crossmember. It was loose in a box of stuff with my car. It's had some bits welded onto it, clearly.

The story is that this car once had a non-Alpine motor in it, possibly a Pinto 4 cyl., removed by the PO for re-use in a Formula Ford effort. Whatever.

Is the trans mount of any use to anybody? I can shave off the welded bits if it helps, but I don't know what a complete mount looks like, or what not to remove. I'm guessing that as original 4-speeds get converted to autos, maybe there's a surplus of these mounts?

Edit, found a drawing of one in the manuals posted here. It looks like the important parts are missing, and this is scrap. (unless someone disagrees!)

Attachments

• IMG_4812.jpeg
    IMG_4812.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4811.jpeg
    IMG_4811.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • S1-S4 mount.jpg
    S1-S4 mount.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Chad, it will be a bit expensive to ship the SIV Crossmember, but they do at times become valuable as converting the early Series I &II over to the later Series.

If you have a bit of storage, I bet you can sell it.

Just keep it listed.

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
"molested" is putting it mildly. Some of the welds I'm seeing make even a novice welder like me cry.
The exhaust run over the rear axle looks like "pie cut" was misunderstood.

Attachments

• IMG_4840.jpeg
    IMG_4840.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
    IMG_4839.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 22