• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Triumph TR6 Brake calipers

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Has anyone tried to use TR6 Calipers on series 1's? They look very similar and other than looking at a unit side by side I am unsure about ordering.
Every parts house around here has to order them.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
They are similar, but there are differences. I don't think the bolt pattern is the same.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Bolt pattern is the same as Series 1, 2 and 3 Alpine at 3.5". Series 4 and 5 Alpine was 3.25" Capri was the same as the Series 4 and 5 but different pad pins and Metric brake line fitting. Maybe it was the brake line fitting/location on the TR6? MGC is also the same as the TR6.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
PAwPaw, I had Sunalp rebuild several sets for me. Why not ask him to help rebuild yours?

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Well, After weighing all my options I order the set from Moss. The TR 6 ones. these are new and I can return if need be.

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Received calipers from Moss. They bolted right up. Looked as if they fit great. I installed hub and calipers would not clear rotors.
Oh well! I had to eat shipping but did get my money back. Found an old round tracker that showed me how to get frozen piston out
of calipers. A lot of these old coots have a lot a knowledge running around in those narley heads.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Any insight as to the extent of the rotor/caliper fit up? There is plenty of meat in the hub to set the rotor outward at least 3/8" inch. I say 3/8" because that is what I did to my hubs when installing GM brakes 20 years and 115,000 miles ago.
Bill

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Bill, He PM'd me on the issue. The mounting ears on the TR6 calipers are shorter even though it uses a larger diameter rotor. The TR6 spindle must have longer mounting ears. He said he needed about 3/8" to mount up the calipers.

Last edited: