• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

transmission mount

miket

Donation Time
I don't have the most common setup as I'm using the camaro 3.4 and T5.

The engine mounts are easy to fabricate, but I'm not sure about the transmission mount.

The mounting point is about 6" behind the original Alpine mounting bracket.

Did anyone have a similar situation, and how did you fabricate the mount. Should I make a crossmember similar to the Tiger? A photo would be helpful.

Will V6 Jose's fit.

Thanks, Mike

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I don't have the most common setup as I'm using the camaro 3.4 and T5.

The engine mounts are easy to fabricate, but I'm not sure about the transmission mount.

The mounting point is about 6" behind the original Alpine mounting bracket.

Did anyone have a similar situation, and how did you fabricate the mount. Should I make a crossmember similar to the Tiger? A photo would be helpful.

Will V6 Jose's fit.

Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike,

Our transmission support crossmember will work, (Barry Knight is using one with his Chev 3.4 conversion), but we are out of production for a bit. If you haven't resolved your problem by the time we begin production again, we would be happy to supply one for you.

Jose :)

miket

Donation Time
Rick,

My transmission is now straight up (takes less space in the tunnel) , therefore the mount is at a slant.

Jose, please let me know when you have stock available. perhaps you could send a PM with the price.

By the way, I haven't heard from Barry in a long time. Has any heard from him.

thanks,
Mike

skywords

Donation Time
Mike
I am installing my engine/ Camero tranny today and I too have it vertical. My plan is to use the split line bolts for a mount but don't know yet if it is possible.

skywords

Donation Time
Mike
They are the case half bolts and would be very close to the stock arrangment. I have it installed now and in order to work my plan spacers will be needed to lower the stock tranny crossmember. I am trying to end up with a shock mounted Tranny mount just as Rootes intended.

miket

Donation Time
Rick,

I think I get it. I'm using the stock crossmember to support the tranny until I have a proper mount.

It holds the transmission at just the right level. I'll check tonight, but I think it's just ahead off where the tailhousing starts. So probably I could use the casing bolts as well.

I only have the crossmember, the rest was on the engine, so I'll have to look at a catalog to get an idea of what the mount looked like.

Did you get your engine in?

Is it a nice fit?

Mike