• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Title for Kansas

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
OK, I have no title for this one owner Series III ST I purchased as all the paperwork was dumped in the estate cleanup. I purchased it from the son of the owner, he is in Alaska. I have a receipt of purchase but that's it. And the old license plate.

The car was last registered in Colorado in 1976. No record on file at the DMV. The son started the process for getting a title but decided he didn't want to mess with it and sold it to me. This is starting to look problematic. I now see why one should insist on a title.

Even though we know the EXACT history on this car and we know it's clean............problems, problems with the DMV.

I'm going to be moving to Kansas and was wondering........"is it any easier there"

Paul

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
Paul:

One way is to find an old, scrap-able Alpine of the same vintage with a title and take it from there...

MXP

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
title

Paul, I had the same problem w/ my car when I bought it. I checked the NC/DMV to see if it was titled in NC..not. I then purchased a 'bill of sale ' from Alabama, submitted for a new title and 3 weeks later I had a registered Sunbeam Alpine. If I remember the cost was around $100.00.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, I have thought of that. But that would be LAST resort. This car is original as is the engine. I would hate to ruin that with a new tag.

Paul

Paul:

One way is to find an old, scrap-able Alpine of the same vintage with a title and take it from there...

MXP

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Hi Paul,
The State of Georgia does not require a title for cars over 25 years or over. Why don't you sell the car to me, with a bill of sales, and I'll get it registered and sell it back to you with a bill of sales and a fresh Antique tag and registration good till my birthday. I would think that would work. Then you can get it registered in CO.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bob,
I might take you up on that. Problem is, I would still need a title from GA to get a new title here.

Duke,
Think I'm going to live in the Bonner Springs area. I liked it out there and it's only 25 minutes from the office, rural, hunting not to far away, etc,..

P

Duke

Donation Time
I live in Fort Leavenworth, 20 minutes from BS. Check the Kansas DMV website for your question, if no answer I can call the office and ask. I have a Kansas Antique plate but can not remember if I got a title, I will look.

Duke

Jim E

Donation Time
"would still need a title from GA to get a new title here" nope just a bill of sale and a old registration, GA does not issue a title for cars this old same for AL and NH that I know of. I have bought cars from all three states and got a title for them in SC on the bill of sale and a registraion even if the reg is old and exspired.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Quote "Bob,
I might take you up on that. Problem is, I would still need a title from GA to get a new title here.
"
I'll check on that this week at the DMV, but I'm sure that Jim E. is correct.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks Dike. Lets get together................

I live in Fort Leavenworth, 20 minutes from BS. Check the Kansas DMV website for your question, if no answer I can call the office and ask. I have a Kansas Antique plate but can not remember if I got a title, I will look.

Duke